Faverolles Thread

This is what I'm dealing with right now, and the chicks are getting very crowded! I may have to put them out earlier than expected, as they are gonna start tripping over each other soon! (I have one little guy who was not feeling well in the box - he'll be put back with his brothers this week, hopefully!)

Both Pullets? I ordered 2 hens and one rooster. One passed away a few days after I got them so was wondering if I was left with Pullets

This is what I'm dealing with right now, and the chicks are getting very crowded! I may have to put them out earlier than expected, as they are gonna start tripping over each other soon! (I have one little guy who was not feeling well in the box - he'll be put back with his brothers this week, hopefully!)

I can imagine how dusty it is in that room. What's the temperature over there? I kicked mine out of the house as soon as i saw some wing feathers. I have them in a rabbit cage and cover them with a blanket at night.

I just love his little beard growing in

Quote: We've had a lot of 70's, but it can still get down to the 30's at night. I have all the vents open for the big birds, so it's still too cold out there for them, I think. This is the earliest in the year I've hatched, so they may be with me for a while - ugh.

Since I have the heat lamp on them, I don't cover them anymore, except for the back corner. They go back and forth all day. Some of them sleep under the light, and some in the back of the cage.

We've had a lot of 70's, but it can still get down to the 30's at night. I have all the vents open for the big birds, so it's still too cold out there for them, I think. This is the earliest in the year I've hatched, so they may be with me for a while - ugh.

Since I have the heat lamp on them, I don't cover them anymore, except for the back corner. They go back and forth all day. Some of them sleep under the light, and some in the back of the cage.
I have outside outlets so when it got too cold I would put a heat lamp in the cage and cover it with a blanket, they all survived. Plus these are winter hardy birds, they seem to mind not having food more than the cold lol.

Back
Top Bottom