Faverolles Thread

"Both are blue salmon cockerels."
tongue.gif

Well shoot - if I can find a non-eating home they will make a nice addition to a flock. Very calm and easy to handle - otherwise they will make a nice meal or two I suppose. They can stick around here a bit longer in any case.

I finally got some photos of my two Salmon Faverolles. The first 4 are chick #1. The last 4 are chick #2. They are a little over 2 weeks old.

These next 4 are chick #2

Both males??
Both could be males but #1 could also be a pullet. Give them a few more days to feather in.

I am new to chicken raising and have three chickens I rescued from my neighbor. I think the roo and hen are white Faverolles and the black is a Australorp. My question is , should I start saving the eggs from the white hen for hatching. I would like a few more for the yard. Are they really that hard to get?

Last edited:
I am new to chicken raising and have three chickens I rescued from my neighbor. I think the roo and hen are white Faverolles and the black is a Australorp. My question is , should I start saving the eggs from the white hen for hatching. I would like a few more for the yard. Are they really that hard to get?
There are blue, black, white and salmon varieties. They are all uncommon in backyard flocks but the salmons are more common than the other varieties, I'm not familiar with the other varieties but yours do look like faverolles. If you want to hatch eggs from them please wait a month before gathering the eggs in case the hens had conjugal visits from other roosters. Unless your neighbor doesn't have any other roosters. I would like to see some upclose pics, and maybe you'll sell some of those egg later on?

I have hatched 9 faverolles chicks this year and so far it looks like 2 are white.....I plan on keeping them. Hopefully they mature out nicely! They are out of Weird Altitude and either one of 2 salmon girls or the mahogany...but I am leaning towards the salmon.

Yes, they are extremely hard to find. Can you get better pictures of these 2? You can also compare them to the whites pictured a few posts ago.

[/IMG]
I need some opinions on this little chick.t htached today, but he doesnt look like my other salmon faverolles. He ha a black stripe, a little black on his wings, four toes and feathers on his legs??? Anybody ever find any genetic info on faverolles im wondering if hesa genetic throw back lolol or something. My other little ones have come out yellow, five toes a little beard and feathered feet.

[/IMG]
I need some opinions on this little chick.t htached today, but he doesnt look like my other salmon faverolles. He ha a black stripe, a little black on his wings, four toes and feathers on his legs??? Anybody ever find any genetic info on faverolles im wondering if hesa genetic throw back lolol or something. My other little ones have come out yellow, five toes a little beard and feathered feet.

The stripe is somewhat normal, he is probably a boy. But if he only has 4 toes that's kinda weird. Where did you get the eggs from?

Back
Top Bottom