Faverolles Thread

As Keesmom pointed out - he is Blue Salmon - not Splash
hide.gif
however - we called him Capt Obvious due to his comb
tongue.png
Hopefully yours will be as cooperative!

Keesmom, i have a question that maybe You can answer….I have not had a splash roo yet like the one you have pictured but have had two females that look like that. I had been in the understanding that LF Salmons girls have dark points, Blue Salmon girls have blue/grey points and Splash Salmon girls have white points rather than full whitish with splash markings.. I have examples of each…….?

My other question, my Blue Roo has always been blue, but during this summer his feathering of course has bleached so has some brownish, but i was wondering if a solid Blue could be a splash too….He has developed black spots and streaks….not alot, but enough for me not to think of him as solid. Will try to get pics…

After receiving the Blacks from You, am glad that You still plan to raise them…..Looking forward to seeing what Your group produces with Your pretty Blue Boy……eliz

For those of you (like myself) that live in cold winter climates, any tricks for helping the Favs with the ice on the beards? I only had one last winter and ended up twice bringing her in to use a blow dryer and melt off the icicles!! Poor thing! I use a galv metal waterer with a heated base.

Keesmom, i have a question that maybe You can answer….I have not had a splash roo yet like the one you have pictured but have had two females that look like that. I had been in the understanding that LF Salmons girls have dark points, Blue Salmon girls have blue/grey points and Splash Salmon girls have white points rather than full whitish with splash markings.. I have examples of each…….?

My other question, my Blue Roo has always been blue, but during this summer his feathering of course has bleached so has some brownish, but i was wondering if a solid Blue could be a splash too….He has developed black spots and streaks….not alot, but enough for me not to think of him as solid. Will try to get pics…

After receiving the Blacks from You, am glad that You still plan to raise them…..Looking forward to seeing what Your group produces with Your pretty Blue Boy……eliz
I have a hard time telling blue salmon and salmon pullets apart. The variation in blue and grey can be close.

A picture of your blue male would help. I suspect he is blue not splash. Even the one I have has some black flecking.

Whether or not I am able to work with blues hasn't been decided yet. I am still waiting to see what the fallout is from Roostergate.

Dizzy is 3 weeks old today! She is still doing good aside from her bad eye. It is starting to look foggy now (I knew that would happen) here's pics.

Back
Top Bottom