Faverolles Thread

I have extra cockerels. They're really nice too. Where in NC do you live? I will be at the show in Smithfield this Weekend (I'll be donating a pair to the silent auction) and then I'll MAYBE be in Morganton in March but Definitely be in Winston Salem for the spring show.

Last edited:
I need help making a decision. I am going to sell one of my boys at the show this weekend and I could really use some help choosing which one. Sorry these loaded out of order even though I picked them in order. So, I'll label them.

Picture 1 is of all of my boys together. They are different ages as you can tell by plumage. There is the mature male who I'm keeping. But the two I need to choose from are the younger males. One of them is very tall and broad across the shoulders but sparse in beard and muff as well as foot feathering.

The second is smaller so far, but he's at least a month younger than the taller one and he has a really full beard and muff but just okay foot feathering. Not sure if that will change as he gets older.

Bird two, the younger cockerel with the full beard and muff

This is bird one, the larger, older cockerel with the not so good beard/muff

Here is a pic of all three together so that you can get a size comparison

This is bird one again, the larger, older cockerel

This is bird two again, the younger cockerel with the fuller beard/muff

What do you think, which cockerel to sell?

Last edited:
I need help making a decision. I am going to sell one of my boys at the show this weekend and I could really use some help choosing which one. Sorry these loaded out of order even though I picked them in order. So, I'll label them.

Picture 1 is of all of my boys together. They are different ages as you can tell by plumage. There is the mature male who I'm keeping. But the two I need to choose from are the younger males. One of them is very tall and broad across the shoulders but sparse in beard and muff as well as foot feathering.

The second is smaller so far, but he's at least a month younger than the taller one and he has a really full beard and muff but just okay foot feathering. Not sure if that will change as he gets older.

Bird two, the younger cockerel with the full beard and muff

This is bird one, the larger, older cockerel with the not so good beard/muff

Here is a pic of all three together so that you can get a size comparison

This is bird one again, the larger, older cockerel

This is bird two again, the younger cockerel with the fuller beard/muff

What do you think, which cockerel to sell?

I like the second, younger one. Not liking the tail set on the older one, not the lack of beard. How are the toes? For LF, you really have to wait for them to finish growing. With either one, the type is more important.

Hello Mame1616, Is the Faverolles SOP posted online anywhere? or is it possible for me to post it here???? I think it could help some….Though beard, muffs, toes and leg feathers help define the breed…..The conformation is so important to start with…..broad shoulders and base, lower, blockier, tail set etc…..

Hello Mame1616, Is the Faverolles SOP posted online anywhere? or is it possible for me to post it here???? I think it could help some….Though beard, muffs, toes and leg feathers help define the breed…..The conformation is so important to start with…..broad shoulders and base, lower, blockier, tail set etc…..
The SOP is not online. It is copyrighted by the APA. No one is allowed to duplicate their images, but they give permission to quote from the SOP for purposes of discussion.

I have extra cockerels. They're really nice too. Where in NC do you live? I will be at the show in Smithfield this Weekend (I'll be donating a pair to the silent auction) and then I'll MAYBE be in Morganton in March but Definitely be in Winston Salem for the spring show.

If I could get down that way, I'd love to get up with you about a roo, but I don't think I could swing it. :/ Thanks for the offer anyway! Where do they hold the Winston Salem show? I've only been to the show in Greensboro.
And yeah, it is nice being so close to the Zoo! We try to head out there at least once or twice a year. Sundays are the best days to go... it's a lot less crowded!

Back
Top Bottom