Faverolles Thread

I was just wondering if anyone knew of any breeders of LF faverolles? I am looking to add some to a new flock. I am located in Ohio. thanks!!

We are setting some eggs tomorrow. Fingers crossed, we will have some in a few weeks!
jumpy.gif

I am looking for salmon and blue salmon bantam faverolles. Shippable chicks or hatching eggs. I have had chickens before but want to start back with faverolles. I live in middle TN. Thank you.

Doing better... no more chick losses so far! They'll be a week old tomorrow!!
jumpy.gif

My Fav hen, Gossie, has lost all of her long tail feathers... Not sure why, no fights/injuries or any weird behavior, but she's been getting lots of black oil sunflower seeds to help them grow on out! She looks so silly lol!

Doing better... no more chick losses so far! They'll be a week old tomorrow!!
jumpy.gif

My Fav hen, Gossie, has lost all of her long tail feathers... Not sure why, no fights/injuries or any weird behavior, but she's been getting lots of black oil sunflower seeds to help them grow on out! She looks so silly lol!

Be careful not to give her TOO much fat from the seeds. It's more protein she needs, as that's what the feathers are made of.

Doing better... no more chick losses so far! They'll be a week old tomorrow!! :jumpy

Nutrena makes a supplement (pellets) called Feather Fixer. I used it last Fall when some of my birds molted late and cold weather was coming on. They ate it like candy and the extra protein helped.

We ordered a faverolle chick with our order from Meyer. Got them today and the chick that I believe to be the faverolle only has 4 toes on its feet, it has featbered legs and muffs, the color is right, I sent Meyer some pics. Is it possible to have one without 5 toes? None of the other chicks have more toes or feathered legs.

I had two fav chicks with 9 toes total and one with 4 on each foot in my first hatch. All three came from the same hen (out of five eggs) so I doubt I will set her eggs again. The female went to a friend whose flock of girls' sole purpose is to decorate her yard and the two males will be processed later this summer.

Back
Top Bottom