Faverolles Thread

Just got two faverolles in the mail today along with some silkies and GLW! I am so excited about these beauties!

Hi folks! A quick update on our “San Francisco Super Breed“ project
1f60d.png

Recap: We want to create a breed that is:
-super quiet (neighbors!),
-super friendly,
-good layers, laying often, all year round, and good sized eggs
-cold hardy (aka fog resistant)
-small-ish

Here's what we decided to go with in the end:
Faverolles (bantam)
Bielefelder (got a dozen directly from Greenfire, allocated one to this breeding program)
Swedish Flower Hens (got a dozen directly from Greenfire, allocated one to this breeding program)

We're hoping to cross these three breeds over several generations to benefit from hybrid vigor in addition to each breed's advantages.

First hatch due next week; we're really excited to see what comes out!!!
HI, not familiar with Swedish Flower hens, Bielefelder are very large but hear they are major gentle, love bantam Favs….Best of Luck, share your progress :)

Hey there-- Is anyone out there breeding LF Blue Salmon Faverolles? Trying to find another breeder. Alternately, we have a trio that we would need to put with a FAV breeder…. Any ideas, thoughts suggestions?
HI, Lund Hatchery has eggs, chicks maybe older, has both Salmon and Blue Salmon Faverolles….I used to have more but only have a brother / sisters trio right now, 2 blue, 1 splash….. they breed Blue /black /splash.

correction, Lund Hatchery has eggs, chicks, large fowl and Bantam, its Skyline that has Salmon / Blue Salmon

Last edited:
I think faverolles are very easy to sex even at a young age or maybe I just get lucky haha

Just purchased these 2 pretty salmon Faverolles girls, Blossom and Buttercup. I didn't want eggs or chicks because we can't risk roosters. I was lucky to find a lady on Craigslist who had hatched out a bunch this spring and had 3 month old pullets. I was so excited. Now if I could just find some Silkie pullets - grrrr!

I currently have a very flighty NN Turken and a bully of a Polish hen and a pair of Seramas. I will be keeping the seramas a they are lovely but I've had enough of the bully and never being able to even look at my Turken without her running in fear and was thinking that the Faverolle might be the egg producing backyard chicken for me!
I live in northwest Texas and I'm wondering if anyone knows of any breeders in the this area or New Mexico or Oklahoma who have big fuffy bearded high quality Faverolles? I'd rather not go down the hatchery route as my polish is from Meyers and I would like a better quality bird that is also bred for gentleness.
Hatching eggs are an option as well!
Thanks for any info and help!

Major,
I have good quality Salmon and Mahogany Faverolles here in Central Kansas. I am 80 miles north of Wichita, six hours drive from DFW. These are nice gentle Faverolles bred for size and egg production. I currently have 20 week old started pullets for sale. I could easily put together a trio/quad or larger group, if that is what you're looking for. I you are interested, you can learn more at smokybuttesranch.com. Thanks

Major,
I have good quality Salmon and Mahogany Faverolles here in Central Kansas. I am 80 miles north of Wichita, six hours drive from DFW. These are nice gentle Faverolles bred for size and egg production. I currently have 20 week old started pullets for sale. I could easily put together a trio/quad or larger group, if that is what you're looking for. I you are interested, you can learn more at smokybuttesranch.com. Thanks

Thanks mhemmer sent you a pm about your Faverolles!

I have 4 salmon faverolles roosters that I have for sale and some are free. If you are in or near southwestern Wisconsin you can take them I will not be shipping at all! They were hatched April 12th of this year. If you have questions please contact me and I will tell u more about there history

Back
Top Bottom