Faverolles Thread

Does anybody here know who acquired the flock from Feather Acres? I purchased eggs from her many years ago and am hoping to get some more, they turned out really nice but no longer have any? Her name was Heather I think.

lLzO7vmZuSl1PRMrFBdIokhLJOwnMFoC1LiiXbj4ynukzEo2iu3OVStIdWi-066dYzfD_A

x65pAZoxfMK0DHxSBxD6vpxXGxpifflBsXGIXR8Nx-IA2b6kR6d8k4SY0GAcYzi3IpN8mg

Last edited:
I am so relieved! I let my chickens out to free range in the chicken yard Sunday morning, then went to town to run a couple of errands. I was gone maybe two hours. When I came home and started to work on the chicken coop I'm building and decided to stop and give the chickens a treat. That's when I noticed that Fling, my Salmon Faverolle was missing! There was no trace of her - no feathers, no signs of a struggle. Usually if something sinister has happened, the other chickens are traumatize and hiding, but everyone else was acting normally.

I searched high and low for her, but she was no where to be found - on top of the pen, under the coop, behind things, even under a tarp I have over the wood I'm using to build the coop. I walk both sides of the fence line and all around the immediate area. I thought she might return to roost, but she didn't. I had almost given up hope when I was still unable to find any trace of her by dark yesterday. I decided to search the forums to see if there was anything I miss in the case of a chicken that went missing without a trace. I saw a couple of posts things falling on them and the chickens getting trapped under something, so today I did one more sweep of the chicken yard looking under things one more time.

And that's when I found her :ya- I turned over a large upside-down plant pot and there she was! I snatched her up and took her to food and water and she moved back and forth between the two. She has been telling me all about it -LOL! Thank goodness I found her! I don't know how much longer she would have lasted without water. She was in there for well over 48 hours. She seems a little worse for wear (looks a bit ragged), but is already grazing with the other girls. I'm a little worried about how red her face is - I just looked through some photos from a couple of months ago and I think this is a normal look for her.

IMG_0449 (3).jpg

I'm laughing but I'm just thinking about how many times you're going to have to do something like this with Fling lol! Faverolles are goofy little things. I wouldn't worry about her face, my girls redden up sometimes. :)
I am so relieved! I let my chickens out to free range in the chicken yard Sunday morning, then went to town to run a couple of errands. I was gone maybe two hours. When I came home and started to work on the chicken coop I'm building and decided to stop and give the chickens a treat. That's when I noticed that Fling, my Salmon Faverolle was missing! There was no trace of her - no feathers, no signs of a struggle. Usually if something sinister has happened, the other chickens are traumatize and hiding, but everyone else was acting normally.

I searched high and low for her, but she was no where to be found - on top of the pen, under the coop, behind things, even under a tarp I have over the wood I'm using to build the coop. I walk both sides of the fence line and all around the immediate area. I thought she might return to roost, but she didn't. I had almost given up hope when I was still unable to find any trace of her by dark yesterday. I decided to search the forums to see if there was anything I miss in the case of a chicken that went missing without a trace. I saw a couple of posts things falling on them and the chickens getting trapped under something, so today I did one more sweep of the chicken yard looking under things one more time.

And that's when I found her :ya- I turned over a large upside-down plant pot and there she was! I snatched her up and took her to food and water and she moved back and forth between the two. She has been telling me all about it -LOL! Thank goodness I found her! I don't know how much longer she would have lasted without water. She was in there for well over 48 hours. She seems a little worse for wear (looks a bit ragged), but is already grazing with the other girls. I'm a little worried about how red her face is - I just looked through some photos from a couple of months ago and I think this is a normal look for her.

View attachment 1251069

I'm laughing but I'm just thinking about how many times you're going to have to do something like this with Fling lol! Faverolles are goofy little things. I wouldn't worry about her face, my girls redden up sometimes. :)

I can only imagine that she tried to perch on the edge of the pot, but since it was empty it flipped over on top of her instead. Maybe if she made as much noise when she was trapped and I was calling "chick, chick, chick" as she did after I freed her, I would have found her sooner. Goof-ball!! :lol:

Well I'm glad you found the little silly thing. I'm sure she's still talking your ear off about it! Good thing faverolles carry a little extra chunkiness right? Never thought I'd say that. ;)
I can only imagine that she tried to perch on the edge of the pot, but since it was empty it flipped over on top of her instead. Maybe if she made as much noise when she was trapped and I was calling "chick, chick, chick" as she did after I freed her, I would have found her sooner. Goof-ball!! :lol:

In fall/winter/spring I store feed in metal trash cans in the coop. Last fall I had not 1, but 2, hens end up in those cans with the lid on. One was a Faverolles, the other a Cochin. I have no idea how they managed to get in there short of teleportation. The Faverolles made some noise making me think it was a squirrel. I sure was surprised to see her in there. I just happened to find the Cochin by accident while getting some corn. Both were fine.

Maybe someone can help me, I know someone on this thread bought SF chicks from a breeder in Texas about a year ago (maybe a little more) and they were beautiful! The breeder had a Facebook page and I’m wondering if anyone knows the site/breeder I’m talking about? I’m looking to buy more chicks or hatching eggs. Thanks for any help!!

Maybe someone can help me, I know someone on this thread bought SF chicks from a breeder in Texas about a year ago (maybe a little more) and they were beautiful! The breeder had a Facebook page and I’m wondering if anyone knows the site/breeder I’m talking about? I’m looking to buy more chicks or hatching eggs. Thanks for any help!!
Double Creek Faverolles is located in Texas. Although I don’t have any direct experience with them, the birds on their Facebook page are gorgeous.

In fall/winter/spring I store feed in metal trash cans in the coop. Last fall I had not 1, but 2, hens end up in those cans with the lid on. One was a Faverolles, the other a Cochin. I have no idea how they managed to get in there short of teleportation. The Faverolles made some noise making me think it was a squirrel. I sure was surprised to see her in there. I just happened to find the Cochin by accident while getting some corn. Both were fine.

Are there any children within a mile of you?

Back
Top Bottom