Faverolles Thread

Pics
Quote:
Where did you get your stock they are beautiful!

I got them from Virginia Alexander. She sold me her entire flock this fall.

Cool stuff I will have to find out if our birds are going to be from the same lines not sure.

Here are my Salmon Faverolles (standard size). They are 24 weeks old and I got them from Meyer Hatcheries. They are my favorites of all my chickens - especially the roo, Emmet. He has so much personality.

WebIMG_7684.jpg

WebIMG_7686.jpg

WebIMG_7660.jpg

I know they are probably not show quality (especially the girls) but I just love the way they look! All of them have such sweet dispositions. Emmet is almost too sweet to be able to deal with the hens! He has only recently realized that he is a "manly man" but has been doing a good job of tending to his two little Faverolles ladies once the light bulb came on. They only just started squatting but the day they did he went right to work. However, poor Emmet is having a hard time getting any respect from my older hens (36 week old Brahmas and Cochins). Whenever he tries to "court" one of them, they just give him a peck on the head as if to say "Go back and play with your toys, little boy." He doesn't give up though. The other day I heard a racket out behind the coop and when I went around to look I saw Emmet being dragged along behind the littlest cochin hen (he had a hold on her tail feathers). She was just squalling and running but he wasn't going to let go! Then my biggest Brahama girl ran up behind and pecked him so he beat a hasty and quite undignified retreat.
lau.gif
It was so funny and I wish I had a picture. He is still stalking the little cochin so maybe she will deign to notice him soon!

Last edited:
Quote:
Beautiful I got my standards from Meyer they were fantastic birds and I was so happy I had them. I just had two hens though Emmet is beautiful!

Quote:
The Roo on the top is the reason I wanted Faverolles. Isn't he gorgeous! I can't wait until mine get that size. As it is I see my male and female walking and cuddling all the time. It is sweet.

Chickonthehill, Emmett is looking pretty good for a hatchery Faverolle!

The girl in the middle looks too dark but got good things going for a Faverolle!

The girl on the bottom looks too much like a Mahogany Faverolle, she might be good for the Mahogany Faverolle breedings but Sandhill Preservation is the only one that has them. Lovely girl, that is!

I got 4 of pinkchick's Favs...here's the roo "Lightening" at the PNPA Winter Classic...

15879_lighteningshow1.jpg

One of the ladies, "Belle"...

15879_belleshow1.jpg

My original hen, "Missy-Mo"...

15879_img_1892_2.jpg

A chicklet in the 'bator, "Thistle"...

15879_fav1.jpg

My orinigal roo, "Thunder" in mid-molt so his tail looks like poo...

15879_thunderroo_2.jpg

And, "Moss" (As in, Mossy Oak camo pattern) as a chick...I REALLY need to get new pics of him - he's my handsomest roo yet!!...

15879_moss3.jpg

Ahh.........I can't handle it Jeanine anymore........ torture......pure torture!
wink.png
th.gif
hit.gif
big_smile.png
Is it spring yet?

*get it together kim......get it together*

Last edited:
Here is our young man and two of the three pullets we got from Performance Poultry in Ontario last spring.
From the looks of what I have seen on here he is from the German stock of Dark Favorolles.

They are some of the best behaved in the flock, the hens always come up to see you so you can pick them up and hold them or pet them. The rooster is also nice to the Polisj rooster. He only seems to have an issue with one of our Silkie roo's and our production Lohman brown that we hatched this summer (two months younger) who is bigger than him now.

His name is Mr Fabulous.

40058_100_1804.jpg

40058_100_1667.jpg

and the girls are Rose, Panic Peaches

40058_100_1624.jpg

40058_100_1649.jpg

here is a thread tht was discussing the French verses the German coloring.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=99480

Back
Top Bottom