Faverolles Thread

Quote:
I have that last birds twin very dark but feathered like a girl from the comb on mine and the pic of yours I guess boy. Very pretty chicks! Glad you got some girls.

Henry

Thanks Henry for Peter's link....I just love the history of it and how the people had influenced him on getting on the right path for Faverolles!

That is something we should strive for!

Henry, just wanted to let you know that when I got home from work today, there were 2 chicks hatched & 1 pip with 5 more eggs to go. These are from your pen #1. I'm giddy!! Will post pics when they're all in the brooder.

Looking forward also to reading Peter's site throughly this weekend, thanks for your post of the website.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
Great hope you get lots of chicks! My new birds are laying well and I should have the new set of eggs ready sometime in the not to distant future.

Has anyone hatched a splash chick yet? I think I may have one. So far feathers are mostly white with some patches of salmon and light blue grey. I will get some pics later.

Here are a few.

13729_splashfav2.jpg

13729_splashfav1.jpg

13729_splashfav3.jpg

And the whole crew.

13729_favgroup.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Baby Favs always look completely scrambled to me... then one day I see them and it is like... ahhhh! now that looks like a Fav should...

The little guy in the last picture looks elegant even now... like he is wearing a tuxedo.

Quote:
It defently looks like a splash to me they are beautiful when they start to feather in I am betting splash male but I have not seen a splash pullet yet.

Henry

The show is coming up on Sunday I will let you know how I do when I get back. I am taking two hens and two pullets and a blue salmon cock. One hen is a blue salmon since they aren't recognized I think I have to show them inder AOV.

Henry

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom