Faverolles Thread

Ha ha guys there were no other faverolles! The hen from the breeder in RI and from the Dick Bourlanger line took BB and BV for salmon. My blue salmon from hattrick too RB and BV. I have decided to sell most of my stock and start line breeding from the 5 birds I am going to keep. I have to check with a couple people and fill two more egg orders before I let that many hens go. The majority of those hens will be from Nikki along with the Jeff Oxley pair. I am going to breed the Dick Bourlanger bloodlines using Leishas blue salmon cock over the RI girls, the leisha girl, and one hattrick blue salmon. I will also hopefully be keeping a trio of the silver penciled rocks and a D'uccles or two. I learned a ton of new info at the show and it was great to meet everyone from BYC. I came hoem with two beautiful hens! So that's the story I may take just the hen that got BB to the York PA show. I wish her foot feathering was in better shape when the judge came buy a second time I overheard him say he liked the faverolles hen but her foot feathering was in bad shape. Also I no longer have any chicks but I do have a hatch due on Thursday. I will post the very few pictures I took at the show either later tonight or tomorrow.

Henry

Henry, where is the pic of your new blue salmon roo
pop.gif

Here he is we will have a formal photo shoot one day after school this week to show you what he really looks like these pictures don't do him justice.
4305_p1080553.jpg

4305_p1080555.jpg

4305_p1080554.jpg

His lacing and comb are better along with his type and tail set he truly is a beautiful boy I will try and get some better pics probably after school tomorrow I am going to upload the few pictures I took of my birds at the show.

Henry

Last edited:
I see what you mean about the tail set. Definitely an improvement. I think the other boy is more colorful though.. and maybe bigger muffs
smile.png
Im sure you know better as you have them side by side. I am also sure you didn't take the decision lightly... The gal in MA or VT or wherever is getting a great roo all the same. They are both so awesome.
bow.gif

I am so glad to see this thread! I just won an auction of Bantam Slamon Faverolles. I cannot wait to get them and see what I end up with! I didn't know they were a rare breed, I tend to pick rare breeds without knowing. I do wish I could find some Buckeyes so bad!

All in all, Henry, I am so impressed!!! you sure did suck all the information you had LOLOL and learned from it! I love the Hattricks and the other birds you got from Leisha, they are beautiful and you can not go wrong there!

Congratulations! You should be so proud of yourself!

Back
Top Bottom