Faverolles Thread

Quote:
woohoo! I have 1 so far!!
wink.png

Yay hope you get more!

Quote:
I have the same thing going on with my two blues. The one I thought was a girl because he/she feathered in so fast is now starting to get a very noticeable and pink comb. I'll have to post some pics tomorrow - pouring rain here today. I think I am going to end up with two, possibly three white cockerels(one looks different every day and I'm having a hard time deciding) and one or two white pullets as well as the one blue salmon pullet and the blue salmon questionable.

Still three chicks. I have moved them to the brooder one egg is still moving a bit and I hear peeping so I could get one more. I set 8 eggs and a few had broken aircells only 5 made it to lockdown so 3 or 4 chicks is good. They are amazing! They look like penguins with their little black and white bodies.

Henry

My eggs from Melissa came this morning -- all in good condition, as far as I can tell (externals). I'll candle after a bit, then this evening, I'll take the eggs from under my GLW and put them under the other hens that have also decided to go broody -- I don't really need more cross-bred chicks, but hate to waste the eggs -- and put the eggs from Melissa under that hen. She's a big fluffy butt, so hopefully a dozen eggs won't be too many for her.

I am SO thankful that these eggs were only about three-four days in transit!!

Kathleen

In regards to USPS & very late delivery of hatching eggs packages, does anyone feel that getting the xtra "delivery confirmation" for shipping is worth it & would help get the package better attention? Did any of the late delivery packages mentioned in prior posts recently have that "deliver confirmation" on them? I'm just wondering about how to better avoid some of these issues.

--on another note--
hcammack: Congrats on your new Blackk Ameraucana chicks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
Yes I had delivery confirmation... the eggs went from my little PO in Podunk to the big North Houston sorting facility then to Baltimore, MD then was 'missent' to North Houston again and them dropped off the planet... So here is a copy of what I was able to see while the package was lost.

Label/Receipt Number: (tracking number removed by Staff)
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

Your item was processed through and left our NORTH HOUSTON, TX 77315 facility on March 11, 2010. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Enter Label / Receipt Number.

Detailed Results:

Processed through Sort Facility, March 11, 2010, 11:38 pm, NORTH HOUSTON, TX 77315
Processed through Sort Facility, March 10, 2010, 7:30 pm, BALTIMORE, MD 21233
Missent, March 10, 2010, 7:37 am
Arrival at Post Office, March 10, 2010, 7:34 am, BALTIMORE, MD 21214
Processed through Sort Facility, March 08, 2010, 8:27 pm, NORTH HOUSTON, TX 77315

Track & Confirm by email
Get current event information or updates for your item sent to you or others by email.

Now remember this package was delivered 16 days after the postmark and my buyer was upset to say the least...

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom