Faverolles Thread

Quote:
I can not wait to see them!
wink.png

Thanks Robin!!!

Quote:
I'm glad you like them. Did I mention they were eggs from Pasofinofarm? I also have 3 girls from last year, and they are nice and fluffy and have to talk to me all the time!

yea u mentioned that and awsome btw how old are the baby favs u gave me?

They were hatched Feb 26, so they are about 8 weeks old.

Quote:
No she looks like a mahogany faverolles though which would be cool. Most pullets are much lighter then that.

Henry

I thought pullets were always much lighter too. This is my first time having a Faverolles, so when she started feathering out I for sure thought she was a cockerel. She isn't showing any of the early signs of being a boy though...

Does anybody have a picture of a Mahogany Faverolles? I hope she isn't crossed with something else, she's a really sweet chick, one of my friendliest.

Quote:
this is my Chloe when she was probably about a month old. she was throwing me for a loop when she was feathering and coloring out. then i thought she could be mahogany! YEP! she is!
(almost fully feathered chick on the right of the pic! her brother is the one staring at the camera!)
25630_im000302.jpg

Chloe as an adult
25630_1chloe11-14-09.jpg

she had that dark coloring and lots of black flecking in her feathers till she had a molt after a few months (my camera is not the greatest). now all her black seems to look blue!

Back
Top Bottom