smile.png

I knocked on wood I just didn't write it
big_smile.png

Quote:
Don't jinx yourself.
smile.png

I knocked on wood I just didn't write it
big_smile.png

Are beardless Favs very common? It sounds like they must be rather common in certain lines, but do they crop up in other lines, as well?

Kathleen

I have seen hatchery favs and a few lines have it pop up occasionally but mostly I would say know there may be birds with small virtually invisible beards but in general good lines will not through beardless birds.

Quote:

Peter, do you think that the beardless birds will stand the heat better?

I heard back from the guy (Jean-Claude Periquet) in France that I e-mailed yesterday -- he's the one who developed the Meusienne breed. He said that they don't have any other breed in them, they are just sports from the Faverolles (the Dark German variety). Also apologized for his English, but it seemed pretty good to me! He was interested to hear that we might be working on getting the Meusienne started here, and wants to stay in contact.

And, for Cloverleaf Farm, I'm going to get pictures of my chicks from Melissa today and will try to get them posted (I also have a bunch of stuff to do to get ready for a massive influx of company next week -- family coming from Alaska, Wyoming, and New Hampshire!).

Kathleen

Interesting pics. The 5 salmon favs I hatched out 3 1/2 weeks ago all look lighter than those. There is one, maybe two I think might be cockrels. Here are some pictures. I love to hear your guesses too.
Pullets....
50716_016.jpg

50716_024.jpg

50716_018.jpg

50716_022.jpg

Cockrels?...
50716_019.jpg

50716_020.jpg

and two pullets with the cock in the middle for comparison
50716_023.jpg

I guess they could all be pullets, but it just doesn't seem likely. What do you all think? I just hate the waiting! Patience is not one of my virtues....

Quote:
I am sure they are going to be very very handsome did you hatch any pullets? I love the transformation of salmon Faverolles cockerels from very strange teenagers into very handsome adults.

Henry

Quote:
Very hard to tell so far none of them scream cockerel at me but that seems very unlikely. Who know we will better be able to tell in a week or two.

Henry

Quote:
I hate waiting to
lol.png
ha ha you just waited 21 days for them to hatch and now you have to wait another 3 weeks to see there sexes and then 6 months to pick the best ones!

Back
Top Bottom