Faverolles Thread

Quote:
So are the silver gene or something else? Did you keep any? I guess they would produce something weird and introduce some strange genes into your white line if you used them. They are very pretty though.

Henry

I really don't know I've never bred from them but they could give you some blacks, blues and splashes plus the whites.
Dick

Quote:
They sound interesting! are those the pictures you showed me Cindy?

Yes, and you'll get to see them when you come up. I'm picking them up on the 27th.

Your picking up the red salmon?
Dick

Quote:
Dick

Yes. Laura is coming down to a swap that day so I'll meet her and pick them up. And if for some reason she can't make it I can get them from her in Maine. She lives close to our place up there. I can give them to you when Henry comes to visit.

She's also going to go through their pullets to see if there are any of the darker ones in the bunch.

Last edited:
Ok... another update. I have 6 that look to be pullets- absolutely zero black on them anywhere. I have one that is def. a roo and a cocky little thing, he struts around, jumps on mom all the time and has black wing feathers... he also has a nice level wing so far. The last chick is a toss-up, he/she has grey wings but otherwise looks and acts just like the other girls. All have nice toes w/ good separation and all have noticeable beards. I vaccinated all of them for Mereks, Fowl Pox, and Newcastiles when they were less than 24 hours old... I checked the pox vaccine site and they all seem to be forming scabs like they should. Mom has been teaching them to chase/hopefully catch flies, eat grass, and with a little coaching from me has (finally) taught them to follow her up the ramp to go to bed. I gave them a hanging chick feeder today and within moments they were swarming all over it like bees on flowers. They all get fresh strawberries daily (I give them the over-ripe and slug nibbled ones) and I give mama a banana every other day as a treat. Just put them on layer crumbles- they had been eating medicated starter, and they also get vitamins (super avian pack) and Trader Joes super red drink in their water. I can't wait to see how they will turn out! So far their growth has been astounding, and they learn new stuff everyday.

Quote:
Dick

Yes. Laura is coming down to a swap that day so I'll meet her and pick them up. And if for some reason she can't make it I can get them from her in Maine. She lives close to our place up there. I can give them to you when Henry comes to visit.

She's also going to go through their pullets to see if there are any of the darker ones in the bunch.

Great!!!!!! I'll take them.
Dick

Quote:

Great!!!!!! I'll take them.
Dick

I can't wait to see them they sound really interesting!

Quote:
In a couple of months I'll take a ride to your place to see how they turned out.
Dick

Great! Bring Ed too... we can have a big cook-out, nothing better than burgers, beer and birds!
woot.gif

Quote:
In a couple of months I'll take a ride to your place to see how they turned out.
Dick

Great! Bring Ed too... we can have a big cook-out, nothing better than burgers, beer and birds!
woot.gif

thumbsup.gif

Dick,
Thanks for the info on my birds, its all very interesting.
and what are the chances I buy chicks from someone, then just from Posts, and pictures I find the Breeder :)

the Buff Bantam, how big will he get? are all of the others standerd size ?

I really Glad I posted here.

thanks
imusa76

Back
Top Bottom