Faverolles Thread

Quote:
You might try the "Chicken Hatching Eggs" section.
smile.png

Looking decent? This cockerel is 2 months old.

He only has half a toe (ends at first joint) for his far left toe on his left foot, but that is the foot with the 5th toe. His right foot only has a nub where a 5th toe would be but is otherwise intact. As a question, does he have 5 points on his comb? Does the last shorter fat point count in? And is his beak the right color or will that change with age? Is his type good?

:'D Hopefully he gets big. I can keep him as a breeder if he looks good enough. Also, the second part of the stove top is about 6" high and it's lower then his shoulders.

Thanks

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:
smile.png

Hi Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

I did & no Bantam Salmon Faverolles hatching eggs there.
sad.png
So I thought I would try here.​

Quote:
Hi Peter!

Splash salmon usually comes from a blue salmon X blue salmon breeding, but can also come from a blue salmon X splash salmon breeding. Blue salmon behaves just like any other blue. A blue salmon X blue salmon will result in 50% blue salmon, 25% salmon and 25% splash salmon offspring. A blue salmon X splash salmon will give 50% blue salmon and 50% splash salmon.

It's always easy to identify the cockerels/roos as salmon or blue salmon. It's a lot harder to distinguish between salmon and blue salmon pullets/hens. So sometimes a blue salmon hen will end up in a pen with a blue salmon roo, resulting in the splash offspring.

Splash girls are easy to find because of that white underfluff.

Quote:
smile.png

Hi Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

I did & no Bantam Salmon Faverolles hatching eggs there.
sad.png
So I thought I would try here.

It is the start of the fall showing season, so there might not be any eggs for sale for awhile, because no breeding pens are together yet.

Back
Top Bottom