Faverolles Thread

Everybody here is clean and ready to head to the biggest show of the year. The Ohio National/ABA National with 7000 birds entered.
My 9 year old Granddaughter gets to go with us this year. She has her own birds entered. Will try and post pics next week.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

Thank you for all of the replies and pictures. I think I have figured out five of the six chicks, but this last one has me confused. I have three pullets for sure, I have two I think are cockerels and then this chick. The chick on the right is darker than the other pullets but is growing the shoulder feathering like the pullets have. The other two that I think are cockerels have no shoulder feathering at all. It was mentioned that the cockerels can be lighter colored, but can the pullets be a darker color? Thanks for your opinions, I thought after the silkies sexing the faverolles was going to be easy!

60048_100_0801.jpg

Hi This is my first time on this thread. I just supposedly hatched two Blue Bantam Faverolles but they don't look anything like my adult Favrolle hens. They don't have feathered feet and they are a yellow color with a medium size dark brown stripe going from the top of their head all the way down their back and they have large dark eyes. Keep in mind the oldest one is just two days old. So to all you experienced Faverolle owners out there is this normal?

Back
Top Bottom