Faverolles Thread

Quote:
Wow, I hope to see some pictures after you are done with all that hatching. Or during the baking.
pop.gif

Thanks so much for your reply regarding the neck *smudges*. Later this spring i will try and share pics of my birds too. I wish but do not have parent history on this pair. The female is pale and fairly laced, where the male is darker with approx. 1/3 of his neck taken up with the large smudges. i just received an e-mail this morn. that the breeder is Bridget Riddle in California who has lots of birds.

Again, it is really appreciated to see everyones birds, drool, drool...it really helps when looking at ones own. eliz

OK, sorry for the delay - here are the pics of the birds from Delmarva - didn't see how they scored, but I can guess who were the winners. I'm sure the Poultry Press will list the class winner.
Jon (or dad) Patterson's pair
6103_dscn4794.jpg

6103_dscn4795.jpg

6103_dscn4798.jpg

(LF P) Of course, I noted on the Exhibitor's list what people had, but not the breed - anyone?
4fvgdaq_th.gif
6103_dscn4792.jpg

Cody Christopher, JR, from Maryland. This was the only bantam
6103_dscn4789.jpg

Lots of color on this boy
6103_dscn4799.jpg

Quote:
Nice birds I believe the bottom LF pullet is Silkieluvers on this site. She was hatched from eggs from Pasofinofarm.

The Pattersons pair looks really nice and look at the beard on the bantam.

Henry

Ok, I know Patty's been waiting for this, hopefully others will be interested / comment as well....new pics of F1 mille fleur project chicks:

I have at least three that are definitely cockerels that are colored this same way: (This room has bad lighting, but he is WHITE with black and salmon)
15879_f1male2.jpeg
15879_f1male.jpeg

And at least 4 females colored like this:
15879_f1girl2.jpeg
15879_f1girl.jpeg

And this one that I thought was solid buff at first, but she has black in her primaries...and she is REALLY fluffy!
15879_f1buffgirl.jpeg

Now just for the weird factor, I had to post a pic of this mammoth salmon cockerel, I'm calling him "mutant vulture chick" for right now. LOL:
15879_hugechick.jpeg

Granted, those are mostly bantams all around him, but he is completely obscuring his two hatch mates that are behind him, and have you ever seen a chick with legs that long?? He's freakishly interesting...
lol.png

Last edited:
Quote:
You must be psychic! I was just considering sending you a pm begging for pics.
lol.png

How interesting that the cockerels have so much white. I am really curious to see if the girls develop white later on as the d'Uccles do. Of course they will probably all develop more color as they grow up - hopefully the RIGHT one. How is their leg feathering? Is it down the middle toes too like the d'Uccles? How exciting! STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT EPISODE . . .

Love the "MVC" ! Also looks like he has his Mexican spurs on too. Is he also a MF project baby? Questions, questions, questions - nosy aren't I?

Last edited:
Quote:
You must be psychic! I was just considering sending you a pm begging for pics.
lol.png

How interesting that the cockerels have so much white. I am really curious to see if the girls develop white later on as the d'Uccles do. Of course they will probably all develop more color as they grow up - hopefully the RIGHT one. How is their leg feathering? Is it down the middle toes too like the d'Uccles? How exciting! STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT EPISODE . . .

Love the "MVC" ! Also looks like he has his Mexican spurs on too. Is he also a MF project baby? Questions, questions, questions - nosy aren't I?

LOL No, the "MVC" is a pure large fowl salmon. His daddy is huge, so I'm guessing that's what this is about, though if memory serves, he's much bigger than his daddy was at that age. You know, it was a whole year ago, and I'm lucky I can remember what happened yesterday.

They aren't feathered on the middle toe, the chicks have had some fluff on the middle toe when they hatched, but it's gone. We'll see if anything shows back up later. But so far their leg feathering is spot on!!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
The Pullet with the black in her beard and leg band #45 is my bird, Roxy. She's molting but I showed her anyhow just to add to the number of Faverolles there.

Thanks, Hannah. I thought that she might have been yours but didn't want to put it down unless I was sure. Are you bringing her to the Sussex show? Not sure how far that is from Waynesboro. Where did you get your bird from?

Last edited:
Quote:
The Pullet with the black in her beard and leg band #45 is my bird, Roxy. She's molting but I showed her anyhow just to add to the number of Faverolles there.

Thanks, Hannah. I thought that she might have been yours but didn't want to put it down unless I was sure. Are you bringing her to the Sussex show? Not sure how far that is from Waynesboro. Where did you get your bird from?

I plan on going to the Sussex show, hopefully Roxy will be finished molting by then. Unfortunately I only have her and her brother who has a DQ cause of a comb issue. I got her from Henry which hatched eggs from pasofinofarms from here.

Back
Top Bottom