Faverolles Thread

Quote:
how old is the fav? is it supposed to be a male or female? and do you have a pic of the affected area? or do you already have a thread going about this situation that you could post the link so we could check up on it?

Chickie'sMoma :

Quote:
how old is the fav? is it supposed to be a male or female? and do you have a pic of the affected area? or do you already have a thread going about this situation that you could post the link so we could check up on it?

I just took some pics but she looks paler than she really is.
It's a girl, she's bout 11,12 wks old.
this one probably shows it the best, and its still paler than what I see
IMG_0062-Copy.jpg

got one with the body? i just want to be sure you have a girl there. it could be she is starting to pink up a little. as they get closer to laying age the will get redder. sort of where the term 'red in the face' came from. but i am seeing some pointy feathers near her neck in the pic.

i have a splash salmon boy that threw me off for a few months thinking he was a she!

Chickie'sMoma :

got one with the body? i just want to be sure you have a girl there. it could be she is starting to pink up a little. as they get closer to laying age the will get redder. sort of where the term 'red in the face' came from. but i am seeing some pointy feathers near her neck in the pic.

i have a splash salmon boy that threw me off for a few months thinking he was a she!

heres a couple

IMG_0070-Copy.jpg

IMG_0080-Copy.jpg

IMG_0074-Copy.jpg

i love that about my girls! Kiva usually flies up to the roosting bar when i go into the coop to take care of them and one of my cochin roos is in his own pen. she comes running right over to me looking for a pet on the back or a scratch under the neck feathers. her sister used to hide under my feet when i would go in, she'd beg to be picked up! Apollo, one of my roos, is sweet too and lets me pick him up by both hands cradling under his belly. i get a little purr from him when i do this.

my 2 newest young ladies have both been sweet but still a little shy. they have been responding to their names but since they started laying they tend to squat when i go to touch them. i actually got one of the girls a few weeks ago to be so calm when i was petting her that she laid her first egg in my lap!

Thanks, I guess I will give them till Friday. She started sitting on them all at the same time because, I gave them to her. As far as when they were laid I don't know I ordered them. So it doesn't just depend on when the broody starts sitting on them? The broody seems pretty determined so I guess I will give them a few more days.
smile.png

Thanks

Chickie'sMoma :

Quote:
i've had as much as 5 days between a chick hatching. the broody was determined and sat there knowing there were more going to hatch. i've also had a broody hatch one each day for about 5 days straight! it all depends on when the egg was laid and the moma took it in to set!​

Hi everyone. I have a white bantam roo that needs a home. Ironically, there was just a discussion about this here, but he is white, even though both of his parents are salmon. He is actually at the home of the people who took him and his siblings as chicks after I hatched them, but they cannot keep him, so I'm spreading the word. He's a real cutie, and I would take him back, but I already have his father and two 8-week old cornish bantam cockerels - I don't think I can fit another in my single coop without causing issues - unless someone wants to tell me they'll all get along great - please! His sister turned white, as well.

They are located in NJ - I hope someone here can take him. These are the only pics I have.

6103_white_roo.jpg

6103_white_roo_2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom