Faverolles Thread

Quote:
Fine with me!
smile.png

Quote:
What color are her legs? Some hatcheries are offering "mahogany" Faverolles?

I'll check them tomorrow but if memory serves me right they are a gray/slate color with five toes and feathers on the leg. I'll get some much clearer closer pix tomorrow. She was sold as a salmon faverolle and I wasn't expecting show stock (I don't show anyway, they are pets to me) but I did expect her to be the correct coloring.

Well, memory did NOT serve me well
tongue.png
Her legs ARE white!

Ok Cloverleaf,

Now that I've seen how much your boy changed I'm thinking my girl "Aunt Nancy" (named after my aunt in Michigan who loves to hear all about my animals) might be ok after all
tongue.png

Here are a few more thumbnail shots I just took of her.

Last edited:
Quote:
She's a dark little Fav hen:) They're curious little buggers, I love em
love.gif

So do you think she will lighten up or is she always going to be dark?

Looks like I'll be getting some hatching eggs from Cloverleaf especially after seeing her rooster picture. I want a LF rooster that is calm and more docile than what I've had in the past and in looks alone he's at the top of the chart!

Quote:
Those should be really dark boys.
smile.png

The roo that I posted the three pics of is named Fudge too!
big_smile.png
My son named him Fudge because of all the brown he had in his beard when he was younger.

Quote:
She's a dark little Fav hen:) They're curious little buggers, I love em
love.gif

So do you think she will lighten up or is she always going to be dark?

Looks like I'll be getting some hatching eggs from Cloverleaf especially after seeing her rooster picture. I want a LF rooster that is calm and more docile than what I've had in the past and in looks alone he's at the top of the chart!

Aw, thanks.
smile.png
He's not as big as I'd like, but the other roo that's in the breeding pen is HUGE.
smile.png

Yeah, she'll stay dark. The color on the girls doesn't change as drastically as it does on the boys. If they have a little smut in their beards as youngsters sometimes they will moult it out, but not that much, she will stay really dark. She might be great for a mahogany project though....
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom