Faverolles Thread

Quote:
Can you post a pic of it? Is it a possibility that the hen was still carrying semen from another roo?

I well tommrow. I got home from the fair just now (been there fri,sun,mun) I dobut it. The only other chicken in there for the last 7-9 months is a Silver Penciled Pullet. The Fences are about 4-5 feet high.

Quote:
I well tommrow. I got home from the fair just now (been there fri,sun,mun) I dobut it. The only other chicken in there for the last 7-9 months is a Silver Penciled Pullet. The Fences are about 4-5 feet high.

Just about all of my boys can easily clear a 5 foot fence. Bantams especially, but I've seen some of the really big boys go over a 6 foot fence with no problem. If they want out they'll get out, unless the run is covered.

The only other roosters were LF, and i don't think it would be easy for them to mate a bantam hen. If they were to mate the chick should have died in incubation

ETA. The chicks feet are orgish. Gonna post pics this afternoon

Last edited:
Heres some very bad Qauilty pictures.

chick_colour_unkown_pic_1.jpg

chick_colour_unkown_pic_2.jpg

chick_colour_unkown_pic_3.jpg

chick_colour_unkown_pic_4.jpg

It has five toes, a muff, feathered legs,Single Comb.
hu.gif

Quote:
Well, be sure to update the pics in a few weeks. I'll be curious to see what he/she turns out to look like. I've had a few that were more orange than yellow but never any that were dark like that.

Quote:
Seven at once? Yikes! The most I've had at once this year is 3. Two of my girls have gone broody twice this year - one is on eggs due to hatch today. I have had a total of 10 broodies so far this year.

Quote:
Well, be sure to update the pics in a few weeks. I'll be curious to see what he/she turns out to look like. I've had a few that were more orange than yellow but never any that were dark like that.

Well do. The only other chick i hatched out this year waz a normal coloured chick
hmm.png
Yargh... i well be keeping you updated.

I also have to get the wing band vacc. numbers from my new trio.
(pictures well becoming soon)

Back
Top Bottom