Faverolles Thread

Ok guys, I've got a total of 6 Bantam Faverolles that hatched 10 days ago. Could I please please get you all's expert opinion on genders? If you need more pictures or clearer picture of different angles just let me know and I'd be glad to take them. I'm seeing no feathers coming in black which leads me to believe I don't know what I'm looking at or the new feathers aren't long enough to tell yet. I can't imagine in 100 yrs I'd get lucky enough to get 6 girls. So I'd like it if some of you could take a look at them. I got the eggs from a lady here on BYC who got her birds several years ago from Henry here on the list. I've waited quite some time to get Faverolles babies and I adore them.
Alright, here's the numbered pictures, please help if you can:

What color are their leg feathers? Usually on the males you will see dark feathers coming in on their legs and white/light on the females. I would guess #3 and #6 males too based on the pics but not 100% sure either.

What color are their leg feathers? Usually on the males you will see dark feathers coming in on their legs and white/light on the females. I would guess #3 and #6 males too based on the pics but not 100% sure either.

All their leg feathers are the same bright yellow as their body fuzz. Would the leg feathers be starting to come in black already at 10 days?

All their leg feathers are the same bright yellow as their body fuzz. Would the leg feathers be starting to come in black already at 10 days?

No, sorry, didn't mean to indicate you'd be able to see this right away.
smile.png
Just give them another week or so and you'll be able to judge their sex better. Post pics again next week and we'll give it another go.

Here are the new Mahogany Faverolles I just got from California

Couldn't get a good shot of the one girl, but they are here and they are fine. Love the color. I have a dark pullet that I will also be putting with them, so I will have 2 pairs, I will be planning on using pullets from that breeding to make more, and will be culling them hard for color... breeding these guys will be a challenge I will be undertaking AFTER I get rolling on my other projects. They just happened to come to me a year early LOL

Here are the new Mahogany Faverolles I just got from California

Couldn't get a good shot of the one girl, but they are here and they are fine. Love the color. I have a dark pullet that I will also be putting with them, so I will have 2 pairs, I will be planning on using pullets from that breeding to make more, and will be culling them hard for color... breeding these guys will be a challenge I will be undertaking AFTER I get rolling on my other projects. They just happened to come to me a year early LOL

So glad they got there safe and sound Sandi! Pretty boys!!

I have got to give a shout out to PiperOmar! I ordered some Salmon Faverolle eggs. They arrived today (less than 24 hours after they were shipped). The packing was absolutely THE BEST I've ever seen. Instead of the typical scotch tape, each egg was carefully wrapped in bubble wrap and taped with blue painter tape. PERFECT! I didn't have to worry about possibly cracking the eggs removing the tape. What a great idea!

I've been waiting for this breed and was thrilled to have gotten so many eggs!

Good luck with your hatch and let me know how they look when you candle them, ok?

Back
Top Bottom