Faverolles Thread

I don't know for sure if they are all like this or just some. The plan wasick Boulanger to cull the cockerels for the freezer, but I have not had many hatch out so that doesn't happen often.... don't get me wrong, it is sooooo nice to be able to deal with day old cull chicks (toes) and know that I can probably sell them all at 5 weeks of age no problem. I got my first birds from Dick Boulanger, hatched out 9 chicks from the dozen eggs I set under a LF Cochin hen broody, and out of those 9.. only 2 were boys. I have a lot of Dick's line running in my birds still and it is the same story every season... going to have to fix it LOL If you want some of your own I have 2 auctions on ebay right now, one is bid up already, but here is the link to the other:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/300680043554?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

how did my post get all screwed up LOL I must have accidentally pasted most of Dick Boulangers name next to the "was" in my second sentence LOL

Sandi, I figured that out right away-because my laptop keyboard does the same thing to me lol Your birds are very pretty!

Going to try my hand on Ebay. Putting bantam hatching eggs on.

If it's allowed be sure to post the link here. I know there's lots of people reading the thread who don't post. And who in their right mind wouldn't be looking for Bantam Favs?
wink.png

Yeah I bid on a few times and lost because I didn't keep checking back or at my limit. LOL! I just keep trying! Not sure of my odds having eggs being shipped all the way from MA to IL.

I don't know for sure if they are all like this or just some. The plan wasick Boulanger to cull the cockerels for the freezer, but I have not had many hatch out so that doesn't happen often.... don't get me wrong, it is sooooo nice to be able to deal with day old cull chicks (toes) and know that I can probably sell them all at 5 weeks of age no problem. I got my first birds from Dick Boulanger, hatched out 9 chicks from the dozen eggs I set under a LF Cochin hen broody, and out of those 9.. only 2 were boys. I have a lot of Dick's line running in my birds still and it is the same story every season... going to have to fix it LOL If you want some of your own I have 2 auctions on ebay right now, one is bid up already, but here is the link to the other:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/300680043554?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Got my eggs in yesterday from Dinahmoe!
yesss.gif
i must say wonderfully wrapped!! no breakage at all!
letting them rest till tonite...then under the banty cochin- i can now join the faverolle club!!

Hoping for the best for them! She really is a great shipper, a nice lady, too.
I'll be anxious to see what your hatch rate is under a broody, be sure to let us know.

Hey everybody,
Good luck with all the hatching that must be going on.

I have just put together a final pen for season.

Rupert (SimmasticXSimmie)

Rumm (RupertXSimmie)

can't remember name i gave her... (RupertXBritgirl)

Two of these. Identical, so no need to do two.. (ArthurXMy Girl)

Two daughters. One REAL tight just to see and two nieces. As the females all came from other active pens I will have to wait three weeks before this breeding will be viable. That'll be about right.
Black/blue pen is now complete with 1 blk male, 2 blk females and 3 blue females. This is a VERY promising group.
With the three salmon pens complete all 14 females are in pens and they are bred to compliment future breeding within the pens.

All these pens, all these eggs and I'm not even hatching this year. Talk about things that make ya go hmm.....

Have fun with your faverolles.
big_smile.png

Peter

Omgosh rupert is gorgeous!
droolin.gif
Would you be willing to sell eggs from his pen?
fl.gif

Hey everybody,
Good luck with all the hatching that must be going on.

I have just put together a final pen for season.

Rupert (SimmasticXSimmie)

Rumm (RupertXSimmie)

can't remember name i gave her... (RupertXBritgirl)

Two of these. Identical, so no need to do two.. (ArthurXMy Girl)

Two daughters. One REAL tight just to see and two nieces. As the females all came from other active pens I will have to wait three weeks before this breeding will be viable. That'll be about right.
Black/blue pen is now complete with 1 blk male, 2 blk females and 3 blue females. This is a VERY promising group.
With the three salmon pens complete all 14 females are in pens and they are bred to compliment future breeding within the pens.

All these pens, all these eggs and I'm not even hatching this year. Talk about things that make ya go hmm.....

Have fun with your faverolles.
big_smile.png

Peter

That is nothing for shipping eggs, had some go all the way to Washington state and 8 out of 10 hatched fine. You just have to rest them, and DO NOT turn them the first 2 days they are set- you put them in a turner or carton big end up and as they begin to develop the air cell can heal from any damage done during shipping. A Dorking breeder told me this and I now swear by it. My success rate has doubled with shipped eggs of all types using this method.
Yeah I bid on a few times and lost because I didn't keep checking back or at my limit. LOL! I just keep trying! Not sure of my odds having eggs being shipped all the way from MA to IL.

Back
Top Bottom