Faverolles Thread

Hey everybody,
Good luck with all the hatching that must be going on.

I have just put together a final pen for season.

Rupert (SimmasticXSimmie)

Rumm (RupertXSimmie)

can't remember name i gave her... (RupertXBritgirl)

Two of these. Identical, so no need to do two.. (ArthurXMy Girl)

Two daughters. One REAL tight just to see and two nieces. As the females all came from other active pens I will have to wait three weeks before this breeding will be viable. That'll be about right.
Black/blue pen is now complete with 1 blk male, 2 blk females and 3 blue females. This is a VERY promising group.
With the three salmon pens complete all 14 females are in pens and they are bred to compliment future breeding within the pens.

All these pens, all these eggs and I'm not even hatching this year. Talk about things that make ya go hmm.....

Have fun with your faverolles.
big_smile.png

Peter
Wow Peter...Rupert is AMAZING!!!

so what would be the difference putting them under my broody should i wait an extra 24 hours? i did give her the eggs a little bit ago and got met the meanest cochin, not my sweet licorice ....
fl.gif

but she now has the fav eggs and the couple mutts she was sitting on...

so what would be the difference putting them under my broody should i wait an extra 24 hours? i did give her the eggs a little bit ago and got met the meanest cochin, not my sweet licorice ....
but she now has the fav eggs and the couple mutts she was sitting on...

I'm far from an expert but no one else answered so maybe if I try to answer they'll chime in :)
But I would say since they're already under the broody just leave them. A broody doesn't turn eggs *near as much as an automatic egg turner so I'm sure they'll be ok.

I just got 2 roos and a hen of the bantum variaty and was wondering wen they will lay and you know wen the roos will do their "THANG" Please reply

I'm far from an expert but no one else answered so maybe if I try to answer they'll chime in :)
But I would say since they're already under the broody just leave them. A broody doesn't turn eggs *near as much as an automatic egg turner so I'm sure they'll be ok.

actually studies have shown a hen will turn eggs up to 50 times a day... just thought you might like to know

really? wow. My cochin mama is very serious about her eggs- she bites real hard, so i hope she does a good job!

love the ee/fav cross, be interesting to watch and see how they develop

Back
Top Bottom