Faverolles Thread

Hello all!
frow.gif

I am a newbie and have a small backyard flock that I started with day old chicks in April. I have a blue and splash Ameraucana [not EE], a PR, and a BA. Plus a few silkies. They all get along great but I need to find homes for 3 that turned out to be roos. Plus the Australorp is really not friendly for some reason [is hatchery, my others from breeders so that might explain it]. So... I have a little room for a few more girls.

I love the Ameraucanas and the silkies best because.....they have beards and feathered feet! So no surprise that I am falling for the Faverolles. My question is, does anyone know any breeders or backyard enthusiast in the Phila, and / or Pennsylvania / NJ area that might have some chicks for me to adopt?? I want them for pets and eggs, not breeding or showing, so they need not be perfect, but I'd like a good bird that represents the breed correctly.

Thanks so much!
smile.png

Hello all!
frow.gif

I am a newbie and have a small backyard flock that I started with day old chicks in April. I have a blue and splash Ameraucana [not EE], a PR, and a BA. Plus a few silkies. They all get along great but I need to find homes for 3 that turned out to be roos. Plus the Australorp is really not friendly for some reason [is hatchery, my others from breeders so that might explain it]. So... I have a little room for a few more girls.

I love the Ameraucanas and the silkies best because.....they have beards and feathered feet! So no surprise that I am falling for the Faverolles. My question is, does anyone know any breeders or backyard enthusiast in the Phila, and / or Pennsylvania / NJ area that might have some chicks for me to adopt?? I want them for pets and eggs, not breeding or showing, so they need not be perfect, but I'd like a good bird that represents the breed correctly.

Thanks so much!
smile.png

ROAD TRIP TIME!

Several on this thread are in New England. Its just a short Saturday afternoon drive. Go look at the Autumn leaves and enjoy a few covered bridges. then bring home some Salmon Faverolles.

thumbnail.aspx

The little blue looking guy didn't make it, but all the other ones are alive and well. I forgot my rubber mats at work, so they will have to be on paper towels until this afternoon, but they don't seem to mind. A bit blurry because I used the camera on my phone, I need to charge my other camera and will take better ones later on, but here they are.

I love to see the fluff balls
love.gif
. They grow up so fast!!! Mine are 20 weeks now and I am waiting for eggs from my babies. I can't believe how fast they grow.

Coco

Icee

ROAD TRIP TIME!

Several on this thread are in New England. Its just a short Saturday afternoon drive. Go look at the Autumn leaves and enjoy a few covered bridges. then bring home some Salmon Faverolles.

thumbnail.aspx

Wonderful, thanks!

Do you have any names or websites?
big_smile.png

I have read about 15 pages here but I don't know everyone on this thread [yet]. Thanks!

I love to see the fluff balls:love .  They grow up so fast!!! Mine are 20 weeks now and I am waiting for eggs from my babies.  I can't believe how fast they grow.

Coco

Icee

Oh what cuties! I know it is unbelievable how fast they grow. My big boy Boba in my avatar crowed for the first time yesterday, it seems like he was just a tiny peep a week ago.

I have a question about my faverolle. We got her as a freind for my 31 week old maran, who is an extreme runt because she had a major case of mites- however she is now almost fully recovered, but still small and runty. We got the faverolle at 12 weeks and now she is almost 15 weeks! They grow SO fast! I can't beleive it! She is so fluffy too, and the sweetest little thing. However, she has extremally short legs. Very, very short, at least, compared to her freind the maran, who looks like a roadrunner. Maybe its just how she holds them? Is this a normal faverolle thing? I guess with her fluffy feet it looks like her body just merges into feet without much leg. I can get a pic of her. It's so funny to see her next to Nutella (the maran), who towers over her on her legs, even though Sammy is almost as big.

Thanks!

Hello all!
frow.gif

Thanks so much!
smile.png
Do you want bantams or LF?

I have some 2-3 month old LF pullets, but I'm all the way up in northeast MA. I thought there was someone in NJ but I can't remember who it is. Maybe someone else can think of who it is.

I have a question about my faverolle. We got her as a freind for my 31 week old maran, who is an extreme runt because she had a major case of mites- however she is now almost fully recovered, but still small and runty. We got the faverolle at 12 weeks and now she is almost 15 weeks! They grow SO fast! I can't beleive it! She is so fluffy too, and the sweetest little thing. However, she has extremally short legs. Very, very short, at least, compared to her freind the maran, who looks like a roadrunner. Maybe its just how she holds them? Is this a normal faverolle thing? I guess with her fluffy feet it looks like her body just merges into feet without much leg. I can get a pic of her. It's so funny to see her next to Nutella (the maran), who towers over her on her legs, even though Sammy is almost as big.

Thanks!
Seeing a pic would probably help. We all love pics anyway!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom