Faverolles Thread

I have Salmon Faverolles, I'm looking for other colors as well I started about 3 years ago raising and breeding my own stock, Dont know much about shipping them because i have never done that, but if interested i should be having quite a few chicks next year i have a good size flock right now and plan to expand havent quite figured out a name yet like i said a working progress I hope to hear from you soon and hopefully i will have myself a small Faverolle hatchery soon and all i plan to breed is the standard faverolle, Thanks , Fancy Favie
Welcome to the Faverolles thread! They are addiciting, and it's all I have now as well. Took me 3 years to find good stock. Where were you able to find yours?

As for the other colors, bantam or LF? If you want LF, there are whites and only the Pattersons have those I believe. A couple people have LF blue salmons.

Bantams, Andrew Hamilton and Charles Logan got my bantam BBS/whites. Cloverleaf has BBS. Someone in NJ has bantam whites also.

No she's pure Fav, just a result of mixing colors. I think Misty and I finally figured out that her mom was mottled, and her dad was a blue salmon...
I tried working on mille fleur Favs a while back, since I have the buffs already to work with. I hated them. The temperaments on the offspring were AWFUL...boys and girls alike. Not worth messing up the good name of the breed just to make a new color....

I just want to applaud this statement!! I have a deep respect for this kind of thinking and value of a breed over genetic fingerpainting. Not that I am against the beautiful birds of the world. That Mille Fleur Fav earlier is just so beautiful, but to value your stock and your work enough to know when to say when is admirable. Not only that but concerns for the temperament is something I rarely hear anyone breeding for or against. I firmly believe that temperament runs in lines just like other breeds so thank you thank you thank you.

Quote:
hugs.gif

I'm really trying to ingrain this into my son's head too. He's got his heart set on this partridge Fav project, for which he has the first generation chicks on the ground already. But if they're nasty little boogers like the mille fleur project chicks were, that project will be scrapped too...

hugs.gif

I'm really trying to ingrain this into my son's head too. He's got his heart set on this partridge Fav project, for which he has the first generation chicks on the ground already. But if they're nasty little boogers like the mille fleur project chicks were, that project will be scrapped too...

What breed is he using to introduce the partridge?

Hi all! Been away from here for a while due to school and the fact that I STILL can't get my email notifications after all this time. Frankly, I need the reminder in my mailbox! Anyway...

Trying to choose whether to attend Lucasville or the Ohio National this year. We're coming from NJ, so we can't afford to do both. Want to support the FFA, but we really love the National because of the size, and since we've been a few times, we know what to expect. I realize the APA NAtional will be in Lucasville this year, so that's a plus. And, I've heard that's it's a really lovely show. Unfortunately, everyone here is molting so badly it is unlikely I will have anything to enter, so I would be driving all that way with nothing, which makes the Ohio National - a month later - a more attractive option, for all of my breeds, not just the favs. See what a conundrum this is?

So - who is going to Lucasville that I might miss? Or, who might I meet up with at the Ohio National in Columbus?

Thanks all!!

Hi all! Been away from here for a while due to school and the fact that I STILL can't get my email notifications after all this time. Frankly, I need the reminder in my mailbox! Anyway...

Trying to choose whether to attend Lucasville or the Ohio National this year. We're coming from NJ, so we can't afford to do both. Want to support the FFA, but we really love the National because of the size, and since we've been a few times, we know what to expect. I realize the APA NAtional will be in Lucasville this year, so that's a plus. And, I've heard that's it's a really lovely show. Unfortunately, everyone here is molting so badly it is unlikely I will have anything to enter, so I would be driving all that way with nothing, which makes the Ohio National - a month later - a more attractive option, for all of my breeds, not just the favs. See what a conundrum this is?

So - who is going to Lucasville that I might miss? Or, who might I meet up with at the Ohio National in Columbus?

Thanks all!!
ok, newbie question: What state is Lucasville in? I would love to go look at beautiful birds but also don't have time/money to travel extreemly far to do so.

ok, newbie question: What state is Lucasville in? I would love to go look at beautiful birds but also don't have time/money to travel extreemly far to do so.
Also in Ohio.

I'm another that would love to go, but absolutely no time/money to get to Ohio for either.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom