Faverolles Thread

Do you prefer dry or wet hatches?

The 1588 is much cheaper than the Brinsea models, ouch
ep.gif
For the LF, I kind of do a mid way thing...I fill the center trough every 3 or 4 days, I let it get completely dry before I fill it up. The bantams hatch much better dry though, I have found...at least here they do...

Definitely get a turner, too...SO very worth it. ;)

Yes, definitely a turner, especially for us working folk that can't be at home all day, everyday
wink.png

Oh man, kulling baby chicks though - my fiancee would have much grief with that, he's a city boy that just doesn't know anything about animal husbandry or improving breed traits... but, he sure does love the chicks! I would have to selectively disclose the hatch and survival rates.... That would help fuzzy it up a bit!

Thank you! I think I may get one of these (ka-ching)

I know lots of people love the Brinseas, and hate styrofoam, but I have three Hovabator Genesis (1588 model) and LOVE them!! I've done both dry and wet hatches, and have hatched tons of chicks out of them.... ;)
I am asking for the Hobavator Genesis for Christmas! I borrowed Tamaras' and it worked like a charm. It was almost idiot proof! And as a first time hatcher it needed to be!
thumbsup.gif

Yes, definitely a turner, especially for us working folk that can't be at home all day, everyday
wink.png

Oh man, kulling baby chicks though - my fiancee would have much grief with that, he's a city boy that just doesn't know anything about animal husbandry or improving breed traits... but, he sure does love the chicks! I would have to selectively disclose the hatch and survival rates.... That would help fuzzy it up a bit!

Thank you! I think I may get one of these (ka-ching)

why couldn't you sell pet qualty instead of culling? i have a friend that rehomes her serama nonshow birds that way

i am wanting to get a small quanity of bantam fav eggs, does anyone have any??

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom