Faverolles Thread

Very nice! Now I am wondering if mine are blue, or lavender? I have two new babies..I am calling them blue. Love your Faverolles!
Yours are blue. Only a very few have lavender projects and I'm not sure anyone is doing them in bantams.

BBS are pretty.

Dark blue

Splash

My Lavender pullet is a true lavender.....she was hatched lavender as was one other younger cockerel I have. I have two Lavender boys with white saddle feathers and wing tips now who were hatched as yellow chicks and feathered in lavender. They looked like purebred Faverolles chicks originally. It has been a long and winding road but it is further along than I thought it would be!

My Lavender pullet is a true lavender.....she was hatched lavender as was one other younger cockerel I have. I have two Lavender boys with white saddle feathers and wing tips now who were hatched as yellow chicks and feathered in lavender. They looked like purebred Faverolles chicks originally. It has been a long and winding road but it is further along than I thought it would be!
Oh, I'm not saying they aren't true lavender. I was just trying to distinguish solid lavender from lavender salmon (the gene dilutes both black and red). Dick had both that I got to see. The last male looks lavender salmon and so does the first pullet. Did you cross lavender to a salmon or a black?

Last edited:
Oh, I'm not saying they aren't true lavender. I was just trying to distinguish solid lavender from lavender salmon (the gene dilutes both black and red). Dick had both that I got to see. The last male looks lavender salmon and so does the first pullet. Did you cross lavender to a salmon or a black?
This is very interesting. I was all for Lavender salmons! But after owning a few lavenders myself (not faverolles) I decided the problems with feather quality linked to the dilution genes were to much for me. I just hate how they look more ragged then other colors of birds. It is a striking color and yours look great! Good luck continuing on with the project piper.

Dick who? I got some pencil rocks from Dick Horstman..I think that's how to spell his last name...lol

Anyway, I think I may have the lavender going on in these, I understand what you are saying about the lavender Salmon. I will post pictures of these tiny babies tomorrow.. Just for fun.

Last edited:
This is very interesting. I was all for Lavender salmons! But after owning a few lavenders myself (not faverolles) I decided the problems with feather quality linked to the dilution genes were to much for me. I just hate how they look more ragged then other colors of birds. It is a striking color and yours look great! Good luck continuing on with the project piper.

I completely agree. I have lav birds here, not Favs. I feel that Salmon Favs are going to be hard enough to breed well just as they are that I don't need to mess around with colors. If I can't get the 'barn built' why worry about paint colors, right??

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom