Faverolles Thread

Well, primarily I am working on the LF Salmon Faverolles and English Orpngtons. My Faverolles are from Cloverleaf, Peter Merlin, and Dick Boulanger lines. I decided to take a bit of time and space to work on the Lavenders....I used Lavender birds with really nice stronger feathers to cross over the Faverolles. The lavender pullet is solid lavender and definitely not lavender salmon which is why I called her a true lavender for the purpose of the description. Her feathers are hard. I have 3 or 4 Lavender cockerels to choose from. It wont be a big part of my breeding program, but a little part for fun. But judging by the level of criticism right out of the gate, I will keep this project to myself.

Well, primarily I am working on the LF Salmon Faverolles and English Orpngtons. My Faverolles are from Cloverleaf, Peter Merlin, and Dick Boulanger lines. I decided to take a bit of time and space to work on the Lavenders....I used Lavender birds with really nice stronger feathers to cross over the Faverolles. The lavender pullet is solid lavender and definitely not lavender salmon which is why I called her a true lavender for the purpose of the description. Her feathers are hard. I have 3 or 4 Lavender cockerels to choose from. It wont be a big part of my breeding program, but a little part for fun. But judging by the level of criticism right out of the gate, I will keep this project to myself.
sad.png
I don't blame you. At least I get to see your beautiful birds, even if others want to sling mud, instead of just appreciate them for what they are...

look it got comb like a ameraucana
She had a single comb. What looks to be a dark spot on her comb is actually dark blue pin feathers sticking up next to it.

BTW I only have Faverolles (well, the kids have their silkie hens) so nothing here with a pea comb.

Last edited:
OK, for everyone that was wanting the Fav club window decals.....

The decals are $5 each, and shipping is $1 for the first 3 decals. More than 3, add 25 cents each.

SO...3 decals, total would be $16.
4 decals, would be $16.25
5 would be $16.50, and so on....

You can paypal your payment to [email protected]

I will mail them out within 2 days of receipt of payment.

Questions??

On my screen the picture seems to show a more beigish tint to the hackles and wingbow and more of a greyish cast on the underfluff, which is why it looked more of a lavender salmon.

The salmon will likely leak through at some point. With my Ermines I started with Coronation Sussex and LF black Faverolles hens. Four years later I have salmon coloring popping up - this year males with full salmon coloring and my only Erminish pullet has salmon leaking through on her back. And I didn't even use salmons.

Last edited:
Ok so do you remember this ugly little thing?

A few weeks ago I was a bit unsure of the gender, but now I am pretty certain it's a little hen, but a very dark little one, looks a lot like Derperella. Not very good quality, she will be part of the eating egg crew since she is still a sweet bird.

Back
Top Bottom