Faverolles Thread

Lovely ladies. They look very happy. I miss having Fav hens. I can hardly wait for some more.

I am pretty excited about my boys growing up. I am pretty sure one is from a cockerel I almost kept. He just did not have enough size. I do not think his son has that same problem.

Here is his brother...

ep.gif
Wow! nice eye-candy!

Lovely ladies. They look very happy. I miss having Fav hens. I can hardly wait for some more.

I am pretty excited about my boys growing up. I am pretty sure one is from a cockerel I almost kept. He just did not have enough size. I do not think his son has that same problem.

Here is his brother...

Handsome fellows! Hope you can get some girlsfriends for them soon. Can't wait to go see my boys next week.

Thank you. Most definitely get some pics of those Merlin boys. I will be waiting.
caf.gif
I'll make sure my camera is all charged up before I head down there. I am really excited to see how they turned out. I have only seen crappy cell photos of them since early september.

Hi, Anyone in the Tennessee, Mississippi, Arkansas area have a surplus Salmon Fav Rooster they are needing to part with. I have two almost 4 month young lady favs that are looking for a mate..

Hey there guys,
our little flock is well, and nearly all hens are laying. My extremely sweet faverolle has taken to pecking me very hard when I retrieve the eggs, and chastising us pretty loudly. The bites do not hurt but it seems like bad behavior! Anything I should do? Should I leave an egg or two for her, or what?

Nice looking birds guys
thumbsup.gif

...snapped this with my crappy old camera the other day, sorry for the weird color tint. The roo has a thumb-print on his comb and is just keeping the girls safe from predators right now. He will not be used in the breeding pens.

Last edited:
Hey there guys,
our little flock is well, and nearly all hens are laying. My extremely sweet faverolle has taken to pecking me very hard when I retrieve the eggs, and chastising us pretty loudly. The bites do not hurt but it seems like bad behavior! Anything I should do? Should I leave an egg or two for her, or what?
When she does that grab her bill and firmly tell her no. Eventually she will quit. It is not good to allow that. Gloria Jean

Back
Top Bottom