Favorite actions or sounds of your birds?

I have a mixed flock of 6 girls. I'm fairly new to chickens (less than 3 years). I spend a lot of time with them and they bring me great joy. But my favorite thing they do is when they rush to snuggle with me when I lie down on the outdoor sofa. They will either cozy up on me or next to me and take naps or just hang out. So precious!
So adorably cute. I am not even a year old chicken mama but oh wow how I love my RIR'S. They're both so adorable and awesome. Thank you for sharing

I have a mixed flock of 6 girls. I'm fairly new to chickens (less than 3 years). I spend a lot of time with them and they bring me great joy. But my favorite thing they do is when they rush to snuggle with me when I lie down on the outdoor sofa. They will either cozy up on me or next to me and take naps or just hang out. So precious!
My lap chickens have a special place in my heart! Yours are precious 💖

I have a Barred Rock pullet, Granny, who will climb up my back to get a perch on my shoulder. It's the sweetest. The other day, I was doing some winter photography, and picked up her sister Fanny. Well, I told her that she was such a good cooperative hen who didn't jump on people's backs. "Fanny" then starts flapping, as is normal for her when she gets picked up. Nope. She flaps and claws her way up onto my shoulder. That's what I got for mistaking my hens.

My little foundling, Hope , the one in the front, always wants "uppies" when we do the flocks morning feed. She then proceeds to tell me of everyone's past transgressions, quietly mumbling and grumbling in my ear. We have a conversation every day. She's just the sweetest little girl, lays the prettiest sky blue eggs

Attachments

• 20231017_182434.jpg
    20231017_182434.jpg
    430.3 KB · Views: 1
That is so sweet! What a nice flock of friends :love

My little foundling, Hope , the one in the front, always wants "uppies" when we do the flocks morning feed. She then proceeds to tell me of everyone's past transgressions, quietly mumbling and grumbling in my ear. We have a conversation every day. She's just the sweetest little girl, lays the prettiest sky blue eggs
I'm stealing "uppies"; that's just too cute!

They do so many cute things, but the bunny hop ranks pretty high. Only Ginger does it.

We have a few that do that when they really want something. Usually not around us but when foraging lol. We have alot of honeysuckle berries and autumn olives which is usually when I see them do little bunny hops under a shorter branch lol I didn't think of it till you showed that.

Back
Top Bottom