Favorite cake recipes....

Quote:
Just cake mix & soda? I'll have to try that....that's a new one that I would never have thought of.
I'd be willing to bet a husband cooked that one up
lau.gif

I think my favorite cake in the world is Italian Cream, but I just tried this one out and it got raves. Even one young man that said he didn't like sweets kept snitching slices. It may look like it is complicated, but it is very easy. I used cream cheese with a little sour cream mixed in in place of the mascarpone because I couldn't find any.

Tiramisu Cake
CAKE:
1 (18.25 ounce) package moist white cake mix
1 teaspoon instant coffee powder (I crushed up instant granules)
1/4 cup coffee (prepared)
1 tablespoon coffee flavored liqueur
(I doubled this liquid because I thought it needed it)

FILLING:
1 (8 ounce) container mascarpone cheese
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons coffee flavored liqueur

FROSTING:
2 cups heavy cream
1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons coffee flavored liqueur

GARNISH:
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 (1 ounce) square semisweet chocolate

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour 3 (9 inch) pans.
Prepare the cake mix according to package directions. Divide two thirds of batter between 2 pans. Stir instant coffee into remaining batter; pour into remaining pan.
Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely. In a measuring cup, combine brewed coffee and 1 tablespoon coffee liqueur; set aside. (remember, I doubled this)

To make the filling: In a small bowl, using an electric mixer set on low speed, combine mascarpone, 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar and 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur; beat just until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.

To make the frosting: In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer set on medium-high speed, beat the cream, 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar and 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur until stiff. Fold 1/2 cup of cream mixture into filling mixture.

To assemble the cake: Place one plain cake layer on a serving plate. Using a thin skewer, poke holes in cake, about 1 inch apart. Pour one third of reserved coffee mixture over cake, then spread with half of the filling mixture. Top with coffee-flavored cake layer; poke holes in cake. Pour another third of the coffee mixture over the second layer and spread with the remaining filling. Top with remaining cake layer; poke holes in cake. Pour remaining coffee mixture on top. Spread sides and top of cake with frosting. Place cocoa in a sieve and lightly dust top of cake. Garnish with chocolate curls. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
To make the chocolate curls, use a vegetable peeler and run it down the edge of the chocolate bar.

Wow CoopDelisle, that sounds great...I am a total coffeeholic. My favorite chocolate cake calls for a cup of coffee, it adds such a distinct taste to cake..

Quote:
Try -

chocolate cake mix and a diet coke.

chocolate cake mix and a diet dr pepper - this one is really good (I wonder what the chocolatecherry dr pepper would taste like, I might tryit!)

vanilla cake and dt orange - like a dreamcycle!

lemon cake and a dt sprite

vanilla cake and a dt strawberry

You can do so many different combos

Top them with light cool whip.

A nice low cal dessert!

Here is one that my children always thought they had to have for their B'day.
I Dark chocolate cake mix. I don't use Devils Food cause I don't want anything in my house that says Devil but they have cake mixes that are just as dark now that are not called Devils Food. I cook according to instructions and make three layers.
The frosting is what makes it so good.
Fluffy white frosting
1 cup milk
5 Tbsp of Flour
Mix together with a whisk and cook to a paste in a double boiler. Set aside to cool
1 cup Sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup shortening
1 stick of margarine.
Cream these ingredients together and then when the paste is cool start adding 2 spoonfuls at time whipping on high speed until it is all fluffed up. Frost cake. We like ours cold so I always refrigerate. Yum Yum

Another very quick light wonderful cake
Take a yellow cake mix and cook two to three layers according to directions.
Mix a large carton of cool whip with a carton of sour cream. Frost cake then add a can of Blueberry pie filling to the top. Its scrumptious and looks great. you can substitute for peaches or other pie filling toppings you like.

Here is the summer cake we love.
It's light and sweet, but not rich and heavy.

Jello Cake

1 box of white cake mix
1 box of jello (lime, cherry, or orange)
1 bowl of cool-whip

Preheat oven to 350*. Mix cake according to box. Mix jello according to box. (Do not add to cake yet, just have it prepared)
Bake cake. When baked, pull from oven and with a toothpick poke holes all over cake. Pour Jello mixture slowly over cake...giving it time to absorb. Ice with cool whip...put in frig till ready to serve (about 1 hour) Serve chilled. ( I serve this in the oblong cake pan I cook it in.)

Back
Top Bottom