Favorite Chicken Breed

I hate having to pick one breed. I love all I have. I guess it would be a tie between my Jersey girls and my Faverolles. Both mellow, friendly, don't mind being picked up and cuddled. My Jerseys are real good layers.

Thats easy! - Buff Orpingtons. Love love love my ALL girls - but if i must be a bad parent and choose ONE favorite child -it would be my orpingtons.
love.gif

What is your favorite Breed of Chicken?
EE OF COURSE

Why is it your favorite Breed?
i dont know if they are considered a "breed" but they are my hands down fav b/c of their personality!! And their eggs!

How often does she lay?
once a day or when they feel like b/c one of mine is kind of moody!

How big are her eggs?
ive a few double yolkers

COCHINS, SILKIES and PHEONIX

What is your favorite Breed of Chicken? cochins silkies pheonix

Why is it your favorite Breed?cuz there pretty and amazing

How often does she lay? cochins..3/wk silkies..2/wk pheonix 1-2/wk

& how big are her eggs? all medium - small

silkys cochins brahmas in that order

silkys becouse they look like lil poodles with beaks

cochins becouse the are so round

brahmas cuz the are so big and winter hardy

and collectivly i like feathered legs and broodyness

only of the aformentiond i have so far are silkys plan on ordering the others in spring

I only have two breeds: Blue Andalusians and Blue Orpingtons. I love certain birds individually because of their personality, but I guess if I HAD to choose a breed in general... I'd have to say that I especially love the Andalusians because they have such a beautiful way of displaying their wings to each other to show dominance, and because the roosters dance so gracefully to impress their ladies... They also have a sweet-sounding crow, and the girls lay an egg every day like clockwork!
big_smile.png

I keep my chickens just as pets, so the egg laying is just a bonus to me. I don't even really notice which of my flock lays and which ones don't, and I don't mind at all when they don't lay. I just like keeping chickens for companionship, to watch them, and for ornamental purposes.

My overall favorite breed is the Malaysian Serama! I love how tiny and docile they are, how many colors they come in, and I just think they're awesome little birds. They make such fantastic pets and are so personable and pretty.

My second favorite is definitely OEGBs! They really do have great personalities and they're fun, vivacious little birds. My favorite chicken I've ever had was an OEGB. She had the funniest personality ever! She would come inside and I would give her spaghetti, and for some reason she had a vendetta against my brother and used to throw spaghetti at him. She had great aim, too! And one day I was sick and accidentally left the door open a little, and woke up to find her sleeping on my pillow next to me. She was a very special bird.

I love tiny breeds.
wink.png

My Trader Joes Chicken, Joey, is my favorite breed of chicken. She is friendly, lays almost daily, large eggs, and is very docile with everyone. She is a Leghorn Hybrid, and I think she is a Hyline W 36, but I don't know for sure. Therefore, I guess I can't actually pick her breed since I am not 100% sure.

Then, I guess I'll pick Barred Rock.
Because they are pretty, lays daily, relatively quiet, easy to sex so I don't worry as much about raising a cockerel by mistake.
Mine lays medium size eggs with white speckles daily
I will probably always have at least one BR.

the fave's out of my flock are the dekalb amberlink followed by our black astralorp. both lay often and have awesome personalities. oddly enough my best layer is my pekin duck. she's been pumping out an egg a day since she started almost 2 weeks ago. i'm getting 6-7 eggs a day from 9 chickens right now and i'm pretty sure they are all laying

Back
Top Bottom