Favorite Chicken!?!

Pics

13ChickenGirl

Songster
May 20, 2017
Here you can post a picture of your FAVORITE CHICKEN!!!! It can be a chick, a rooster, a hen, anything. You can post as many as you want too (As we tend to have a hard time picking a Fav) Simply post a picture and tell us it's name and breed!!! Have fun!!
Here's and Example:
IMG_5026.JPG
This is Annabeth my Bantam Buff Silky/Cochin Hen!!!!

DSCN3412.JPG

These two Black Australorps, Hilda on the left, Tillie on the right, both sisters, will ALWAYS be my favorite birds. Tillie passed away last year at the age of 5 years, she was my ALL time fav hen, I miss her SO much. (Hilda is still going strong at 6 1/2 years old.) These gals were enjoying a nice dust bath together! :)

Tillie is also my avatar, she was 2 months old at the time. :)

Last edited:
So many favs..... Very hard to pick ONE.

My kids however have theirs.
DS has Chizzy- a Speckled Sussex (Which he now pronounces "Special Sauce" after losing his 1st 3 teeth in a 2 week time span.) This chicken is always with him whether in the tree house, on the swings, riding in the wagon, or playing video games. Chizzy tags along for many adventures.
simon sussex2.jpg IMG_0301.jpg IMG_2733.JPG
IMG_2731.JPG

DD has some flock favs like Darth Layer (a black orp), Princess Lay-a (a white mix), and Mr. Dummy-Pants (our beloved black orp roo). However, this summer DD hatched her 1st silkies - after asking for them for over 3 years. Talk about SPOILED CHICKENS!
IMG_0333.jpg gilfie.jpg IMG_9363.jpg
Yes, she actually did take her silkie to the Easter Egg Hunt & had a line form to pet her chick. Hers was longer than the Easter Bunny's line! LOL

Afraid that her precious Gilfie would end up a male, we got a back up. Since I dislike white chickens, I joked that if DD hatched a white one, I'd dye it pink. Well, she took it to mean that we should get a white one- just so we could dye it!
my silkie b.jpg IMG_2637 copy.jpg IMG_1936.jpg IMG_2804 copy.jpg IMG_2647.JPG

Looks like we have 2 females & there's no way I can get rid of either one.
By this time next year, I'll be singing the broody blues!
IMG_2924.JPG

Back
Top Bottom