Favorite Color

Also the Bronze. I prefer, and select for, birds that have the whitest tail tips and rump feathers. Sweetgrass are a close second place.

I think my favorite would have to be Lilac. Tiger Bronze and a really good Motted Black would be second.

The pretty bird I have ever seen was a mix of Palm, Slate and Red. I don't know what they call it.

I'm growing out a pair of sweetgrass. Hope they are as pretty as the pictures! I also have a gorgous mix from longranger here on BYC. It looks like a mix of Golden Narraganset and maybe some Auburn... Might be my Thanksgiving turkey....

That poult is most likely golden Narri or Red Bronze based upon quite a few poults I have seen from that cross. All my Auburns were kept in their own penn this year so that would look like a typical Auburn if it were from my Auburn pen.

I can not pick a favorite variety. All healthy turkeys look beautiful to me. Why can't it be the top 5? LOL

I definitely go for the black-winged bronzes with red and other stuff mixed in. My favorite is Golden Phoenix, followed closely by Red Phoenix. Unfortunately, they are tough to find, and usually can't be imported into Minnesota even when found. My evil plan is to cross Royal Palm with Bourbon Red and Royal Palm with Standard Bronze this year. When I cross the offspring of those two crosses, I have to potential for a lot of different colors, and I will hopefully get some Phoenix or Harvest Gold.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom