favorite cross?

rocker

In the Brooder
12 Years
Aug 26, 2007
p.a.
i prefer cross bred animals,to purebred animals,i used to have chickens that were just crosses of anything i could pick up at local farms,my dog is a cross and so arent my cows.just wondering if any of you have a favorite chicken cross and why?

I really like my ISA Browns. Can't say enough good things about them. Started laying at 4 months, large to xlarge brown eggs, and they are so sweet!! They stand on my feet when I'm trying to garden.
I have two young pullets that are a PR-BO cross, deep gold color with brown barring on some of their back feathers. Waiting to see how they turn out as hens.

My favorite cross was Zoya, her dad was a brown leghorn roo x austrolorp hen cross and her mom was a cochin x silkie cross. She was large, had 5 toes, feathered feet, a small crest. She also had a single comb with no points, just a blade. She was black with some gold in the neck. She layed eggs non stop, went broody a few times, was a great mother, and was just a cool chicken. She died last year when she prolapsed. Her daughters from her and a SLW roo are cool looking and lay lots also.

I'm quarter irish, quarter scottish, quarter swedish, and a quarter polish, and I turned out OK!
Whoooooaaaaa! Snare hit, rimshot, cymbal crash!!!! Where's Ed McMahan when I need him?
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom