favorite cross?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by rocker, Apr 6, 2008.

1. rocker

rocker Out Of The Brooder

Aug 26, 2007
    p.a.
    i prefer cross bred animals,to purebred animals,i used to have chickens that were just crosses of anything i could pick up at local farms,my dog is a cross and so arent my cows.just wondering if any of you have a favorite chicken cross and why?

2. KrisRose

KrisRose Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2007
    Davison, MI.
    I really like my ISA Browns. Can't say enough good things about them. Started laying at 4 months, large to xlarge brown eggs, and they are so sweet!! They stand on my feet when I'm trying to garden.
    I have two young pullets that are a PR-BO cross, deep gold color with brown barring on some of their back feathers. Waiting to see how they turn out as hens.

3. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    My favorite cross was Zoya, her dad was a brown leghorn roo x austrolorp hen cross and her mom was a cochin x silkie cross. She was large, had 5 toes, feathered feet, a small crest. She also had a single comb with no points, just a blade. She was black with some gold in the neck. She layed eggs non stop, went broody a few times, was a great mother, and was just a cool chicken. She died last year when she prolapsed. Her daughters from her and a SLW roo are cool looking and lay lots also.

4. Brian

Brian Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2007
    Jacksonville, ORegon
    I'm quarter irish, quarter scottish, quarter swedish, and a quarter polish, and I turned out OK!
    Whoooooaaaaa! Snare hit, rimshot, cymbal crash!!!! Where's Ed McMahan when I need him?
    [​IMG]

5. alabama girl

alabama girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Auburn, Al
    [​IMG]
    Haaaaa, ha, ha, I needed that right now!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by