Favorite Devild Eggs and Trays?

That's wonderful, farmerChef! I served mine several weeks before Easter, I think it was, as Angel-ed Eggs (versus Devil-ed eggs) at a church function. The whites were died lovely pastel shades which matched the angels' Twix halos. I will try them again, maybe around Christmas next time. Their heads were white cocktail onions. I used angel slaw for "wings." I think next time I will turn the deviled egg halves upside-down so the entire white (dyed pastel shades) shows, looking more like an angel's robe. Maybe cut the eggs crosswise instead of lengthwise so they'll look more like angel bodies. I haven't quite perfected my Angel-ed Eggs. People may have thought they looked more like decorations instead of edibles since the Twix "halos" and onion "heads" were attached to the eggs with pieces of toothpick. I found that Twix made better halos than black onion slices, which I'd originally planned to use for halos. The Twix held up better and attached more easily.

The deviled ladybug eggs we served at yesterday's potluck went over well. The children made the "spots" of black cake confetti and some decided to go wilder with hot green, purple and bright blue "ladybug spots" of cake confetti. I didn't know whether people would eat them, but I think they thought they had a festive Cinco de Mayo look to them, a la the colorful confetti, and they went well. Even got compliments.

I got a lot of compliments on my pickled Bantie eggs, too, even though they had been pickling only 24 hours. It will be fun to see what they taste like after a few more days.

Back
Top Bottom