Favorite Food?!

Chickerdoodle13

The truth is out there...
12 Years
Mar 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
So in light of all the other "talk about yourself" threads, I want to know what everybody's favorite food is! If you have a good recipe, feel free to post it too!

Probably one of my favorite meals is something my puerto rican grandmother created called "Salami Soup". It has chunks of salami in it and the broth is made up of water and soffrito, a spanish garnish. There are also noodles, potatoes, and olives! It's sooo yummy! With this soup, we also make corned beef, spiced with soffrito and little french fries. There is also a side of kidney beans with chunks of potatoes in Soffrito.

Yum, now I'm hungry for some home cooked salami soup!

What a hoot! I am blending a batch of soffrito in the blender right now! I use it in everything. Have you marinated your chicken in it? I will have to dig my recipe out for Puerto Rican egg-nog and post it. I'm already collecting my empty liquor bottles for it.
tongue.png

Here is the egg-nog recipe

12 egg yolks
6 cans evaporated milk (15 oz each)
3 tablespoons vanilla
750 ml. bottle of dark bacardi rum

mix egg yolks, sugar and 2 cans milk, blend and strain into pot.
add rest of milk.
Heat on low flame until it forms a cream (about 10 min).
take off stove add rum and vanilla. pour into empty (dark) liquor
bottles.

Great for holiday hostess gifts!

Last edited:
Quote:
homecatmom, how much sugar does this need? I'm gonna try making it! Sounds delicious and will definitely use some of the egg yolks left over from making Divinity for Christmas! Thanks.

Oh MissPrissy Im with you one that one thats my favorite seafood next to crab with Hot butter yummy !

Ditto!!!!! Everytime I think of Alaskan snow crab legs and hot butter, I crave it!!!! MMMMMMMMMMMMM...........................
droolingandtasty.gif

Back
Top Bottom