Favorite Hatchery???????

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by youdontknow32, Oct 30, 2008.

1. youdontknow32

youdontknow32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2008
    South Western PA
    What is your favorite hatchery to get day old chicks from??

~Nicole

2. austinhart123

austinhart123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    ideal poultry is nime, they have a great selection of bantams and they keep u informed on your order....i got the bantam assortment, omg they were the cutiest littlest chicke EVER

3. erthymom2

erthymom2 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    ideal - great service, friendly and knowledgeable LIVE folks when you call and never, ever gotten a bad chick from them.

4. fowltemptress

fowltemptress Frugal Fan Club President

Jan 20, 2008
    Ideal . . . they're the closest to me, but they also have the best prices and don't make you buy a billion chicks at a time. Plus they've politely answered every email I've sent. I never got a single reply back from the other hatcheries, so that really impressed me.

5. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    ideal - I have purchased chicks, geese, ducks and guinea fowl. I think I have lost 2 or 3 over 4 years. They have been easy to work with and I have been very happy with the animals.

6. Cason

Cason Chillin' With My Peeps

Cackle Hatchery

7. Jayare's Chicks

Jayare's Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2007
    Florence, Alabama
    I've ordered from Ideal about 4 or 5 times and have picked up chicks, ducklings and guineas also at some of the local feed stores here.
    Very good prices, almost always have the chicks I want on hand or only had to wait a week or maybe two and you can order just a few like 8 to 10 chicks.

Jayare

8. seedcorn

seedcorn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    NE. IN
    Altho it's been a while since I've gotten chicks from them, Cackle.

9. chubs

chubs Out Of The Brooder

May 6, 2008
    Ohio
    Myers seeing how they are a short distance for me to drive and don't have to worry about mailing them. Their pricing is good too

10. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    I ordered from Privett Hatchery - they mainly wholesale, so their prices were really reasonable. They were really patient when I changed my order 3 or 4 times. The birds were really healthy and hardy and grew up very pretty and surprisingly close-to-type for hatchery birds.

I've also gotten chicks locally that ultimately came from Mt Healthy Hatchery. I remembered the employee mention that out of 2000 chicks the store ordered, only 1 arrived DOA.

Good luck with your choice!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by