Favorite Vacuum Sealer???

I am reviving this old thread because I am in the market for a food saver and I see that Jenski bought her husband the same one I almost just bought and I am hoping she will give us a review, or if anyone else has bought this one in the past too.

I have a food saver ..... I have done commerical & subsistance fish as well as moose with it for many (5+) years ! never had any problems. I have also used it to make trail meals in individual bags for both Dogteam & musher. works like a dream.

Thanks, so they will seal a good amount then if you can do moose.
I wanted to make sure I could do beef and all that in it if need be.

I have the shrink bags for whole roasters but I don't know how well they would work on flat pieces of beef, fish and vegetables and all that so I wanted to get a foodsaver for that.
I grow alot of veggies so I want to be able to seal and freeze them.
Do you use the shrink bags for that kind of stuff?

The Simple Life: Am assuming you're asking me.....no; I use the Food Saver for veggies, etc.

Might add that I found that using a hair dryer instead of the hot water bath shrinks the shrink bags quite nicely too....and no mess.

oldbat

I always reuse my foodsaver bags (except after sealing meat) and never have a problem. However, you always lose some of the size after cutting them open so eventually the bag is gone.

Back
Top Bottom