Favorite ways to preserve eggs?

I'm freezing mine. I beat up 1 dozen eggs in a glass measuring pitcher and divide the eggs amongst 12 silicone cupcake liners in a cupcake pan. After freezing they pop out of the liners easily.

After freezing, I am vaccuum sealing them, a dozen to each package. This makes them nice and compact for storage and they should keep better also.

If you try this, vacuum seal the portions 1 layer thick in the bag and alternate them right side up and upside down so the package will come out flat. When I did them all right side up, the package came out dome shaped because the portions are wider on the top than on the bottom, like a cupcake is.

View attachment 3113036

View attachment 3113027
Nice!! Thank you for such detailed instructions, pictures even included!!

We will definitely be trying this method!
I had heard about freezing eggs in a similar manner but these are the clearest instructions I've seen on it!

Thank you for help and time!

I'm curious what some of your favorite ways to preserve eggs are?
I put them in the refrigerator.
I mark the date on either the eggs or the carton, and use the oldest eggs first.
Eggs will keep for many months if you just stick them in the fridge.
Many of the traditional ways to "preserve" eggs are from the days before refrigeration. We don't hear about them much now, because refrigerating is easier and works better.

I also make things that use lots of eggs, that can be frozen for later use.
This includes waffles and cookies (I've frozen raw dough or cooked cookies).
Waffles, pancakes, muffins, and many other things work fine with 2x or 3x as many eggs as the recipe says, which makes them a little more nutritious too.

I see people have already mentioned freezing the eggs, which I would do if I had a big oversupply.

But if you have way too many eggs in the summer, those same chickens will probably be laying at some rate through the winter too-- so you might not need as many preserved eggs as you think.

Other than preserving eggs for yourself to eat, if you have way too many, you can give eggs away or sell them, or cook them and feed them to chickens or to a dog.

@Percheron chick Woah! That's terrible!! I wonder if it had to do with them being goose eggs? Because I've heard of a lot of people freezing chicken eggs and they didn't seem to experience the problems you did with freezing the goose eggs?

Back
Top Bottom