Favorite ways to preserve eggs?

Apr 30, 2022
Hey everyone! We're raising a lot of chicks, and so will soon be getting a lot of eggs!

We will of coarse be cooking some fresh eggs, but we'll be getting way more than we can immediately eat. So we're going to be finding ways to preserve eggs.

I'm curious what some of your favorite ways to preserve eggs are?

Thanks for your time,

I'm freezing mine. I beat up 1 dozen eggs in a glass measuring pitcher and divide the eggs amongst 12 silicone cupcake liners in a cupcake pan. After freezing they pop out of the liners easily.

After freezing, I am vaccuum sealing them, a dozen to each package. This makes them nice and compact for storage and they should keep better also.

If you try this, vacuum seal the portions 1 layer thick in the bag and alternate them right side up and upside down so the package will come out flat. When I did them all right side up, the package came out dome shaped because the portions are wider on the top than on the bottom, like a cupcake is.

3BE86676-9B82-47FF-ADB1-9A4389EA0057.jpeg

6498D85C-EA09-464F-99B4-81B62DDBC4D2.jpeg

If you try this, vacuum seal the portions 1 layer thick in the bag and alternate them right side up and upside down so the package will come out flat. When I did them all right side up, the package came out dome shaped because the portions are wider on the top than on the bottom, like a cupcake is.

View attachment 3113036

View attachment 3113027
That's a good tip. Hadn't thought of alternating them. (right side up and upside down)

Back
Top Bottom