Fawn and white (I believe) runner ducklings!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by CatJane0x0, May 24, 2010.

1. CatJane0x0

CatJane0x0 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    Alpena, MI
    On the 19th, I picked up my first two runner ducklings...they were ordered from the Townline hatchery here in Michigan. They look like fawn and whites to me. I hope I have a pair, but I'll have to be patient to find out. [​IMG] They have gotten bigger since these pics were taken. They grow so fast and they certainly make a mess of things! But I really like them. I like their smart, shiny eyes.
    (I'll be moving them into a much larger area as soon as they get a tad bigger.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 1lpoock

1lpoock Spruce Creek Waterfowl

Apr 20, 2009
    Sandusky, Ohio
    Yeah those are fawn and whites, congrats...you'll like them! I have some that are two weeks old today, they sure do grow fast!

3. chickenlittle1980

chickenlittle1980 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    NC
    awwww I have 10 they are almost 3 weeks old

4. FeatheredObsessions

FeatheredObsessions Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Oregon
    That's a really great picture.

5. PriceFamilyFarms

PriceFamilyFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Henderson, NC
    I was given a blue runner that was 2 days old while picking up some polish chicks from a friend. She grew so fast! I swear it looked like an inch a day sometimes. She is now 6 weeks old and runs the yard with the chickens.

I was concerned at first about her being alone but the chickens think she is just a giant size sister and our barn cat and her have a very wierd bonding thing going on...I keep catching them napping together on the deck or back steps...craziest thing I have ever seen!

6. T Hi

T Hi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Bonney Lake, WA
    YEAH!!!!! Runners ROCK!!!!!! '[​IMG]'

7. CatJane0x0

May 5, 2010
    Alpena, MI
    Thanks for confirming the color! Glad to see other runner fans -- I love the chocolate and the black colored runners just going by looks...but all runners I've seen are full of charm. It will be fun when they are ready to go swimming. [​IMG]

I'll keep checking out everybody's runners on here -- keep making runner threads!! [​IMG]

8. tia

tia Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Valdez, Alaska
    They are so cute. I have some that are a little over two weeks old. They double or triple in size... take lots of pictures quick.

9. CatJane0x0

May 5, 2010
    Alpena, MI
    I just wanted to post a quick update on Naomi and Nolan...yes I have a pair.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Naomi in front with darker head...Nolan in back.

[​IMG]

They do grow up fast!

They have become indoor ducks...and they love it! I was thrilled to email Nettie of Indoorducks.com and learn about her cool harnesses and shoes
    -- check out their nifty duck diaper harness!! I bought two harnesses and could not be happier! They fit perfectly and are very well made.
    I need to get some pictures of mine in their harnesses!

They still go in the tub if I can't supervise them outdoors on some days, but they love their pool. [​IMG]

10. AdamD77

AdamD77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Bedfordshire, England
    Aww, haven't they grown! [​IMG] They're lovely [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by