Fawn Runner Ducklings with dark brown legs

CMurphy510

Hatching
May 19, 2015
Hi, I've just recently hatched some runner duck eggs they are supposed to be fawn and white. I've have been looking online at fawn and white runner ducks and they all seem to have bright orange to dark orange legs, where as my ducklings have dark brown to black legs. Will there legs eventually change colour with age, if not can you still show fawn and whites even if they have dark brown to black legs.
Many thanks :)

My fawn and white had light feet and bill. Let me see if I can find a pic for you. The fawn and white is the one on the left. This was at a few days old.

I'm not an expert by any means, but is there a chance they aren't full fawn and white?

Last edited:
I have two fawn and white runners, one has a very dark bill and orange legs, the other has a light bill and more yellowish legs. I think there can be variety. But I believe the breed standard is for dark orange legs.

Thanks for your response's they are much appreciated. My ducklings legs seem to be losing there colour and turning into a pale orangey colour now they still have quite a few chocolate brown patches on their legs but they are still only around two weeks old.

Back
Top Bottom