FBCM hens

crj

Songster
10 Years
Dec 17, 2009
Rocky Point, NC
Hello, I know there are a lot of you on here that are familiar with French Black Copper Marans. I'm at a turning point right now. I found my rooster dead in the coop today. Shocked to say the least. I have no idea what happened.

I've decided to sell some of my hens. I would like to know what is a good asking price for laying FBCM hens. They are very good layers and nice dark eggs. It's come to the point where I have to pick a different breed where I can make a bit of money from them. FBCM do not sell here in NC and no one is interested in the very dark eggs. People think they are really cool but that's about it.

Thanks Chris

Hello, I know there are a lot of you on here that are familiar with French Black Copper Marans. I'm at a turning point right now. I found my rooster dead in the coop today. Shocked to say the least. I have no idea what happened.

I've decided to sell some of my hens. I would like to know what is a good asking price for laying FBCM hens. They are very good layers and nice dark eggs. It's come to the point where I have to pick a different breed where I can make a bit of money from them. FBCM do not sell here in NC and no one is interested in the very dark eggs. People think they are really cool but that's about it.

Thanks Chris
Well this is the time of year when folk get interested in poltry but have missd the chick buying period. It's too late to really start with eggs. A notable number of these folk are looking for grown fowl. I would charge 20.oo a hen at least. It cost you at least this much to raise them to this age and you're providing the buyer with a proven egg machine. It will help if you can give heritage and stats on the birds in the sales quote.
Best Regards,
Karen in western PA, USA

Thanks Karen. I just know they are FBCM. I have no idea the line and I don't think the person selling them at the time did either. I have hatched out and kept some and these have always been the same so I know they are proven.

Thank you for your input.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom