Feather color changing!

Chicken poppy

Fashionably late 🎤🦆
Premium Feather Member
May 9, 2021
Poppyland
So i have a rooster with gorgeous bright green sheen tail feathers, and he’s a perfect rooster! Show quality and all. But there’s a problem. His feathers are turning to a brown sheen on some parts. A bit purple to, but it just developed like this!
A brown sheen I have never seen before until now! Any thoughts? Is this permanent or any hopes of it changing?

I mean, first of all, I don’t know what breed he is. Can I see a picture?
Oh, sorry! He is a Japanese bantam rooster. Here he is!
86854C58-27B4-447E-9472-6682E294A23C.jpeg
1122A5E1-2213-4323-B3B0-23ECAD74FADB.jpeg
I think the sheen is a bit strange, don’t you?

I don’t know the cause of the brown feathering. Maybe he had a rough day while growing those feathers? Sometimes feather color can be influenced by the environment, even in just one day. He doesn’t have the short, stocky, tall-tailed look of a Japanese.

I don’t know the cause of the brown feathering. Maybe he had a rough day while growing those feathers? Sometimes feather color can be influenced by the environment, even in just one day. He doesn’t have the short, stocky, tall-tailed look of a Japanese.
Thank you! Yes, none of them do except my adult. They are younger so aren’t fully developed and I believe he doesn’t have the long legged gene like my adult does (thus causing his legs to be quite tall.)
But that could definitely be the cause of it, i have no idea. Its like a rainbow on his tail!

I thought it was iridescence at first but I noticed brown on top of one of the feathers and in the top right. Unless that is just the camera being weirdo.
I think it was just the camera, by one of the green feathers you can see it looks yellowish. It is more obvious if its bright out but it was a bit dim when i took the photo.

Back
Top Bottom