Feather-Footed Pullet (I Think) - Boy or Girl? **UPDATE, 4-5 Months**

I would say its a mix of a SLW and a light brahma. And i would also say she is a he. My SLW pullets come is still dark at this age and my roo had a rosie colored comb and wattles. If you would like a can post a pic of the two together so you can see what i mean.

Wow! Its so beautiful! I love the feathers regardless of the gender! I think it will be easier to tell the gender once more of the tail feathers

Quote:
would love a pic, if it's not too much trouble. thanks!

Quote:
i agree, beautiful, and the tail feathers will tell all. (s)he's a week older than these pics now, and still not looking more male or female to me.

this chicken ("speedy") came to us from some friend with five children. (s)he was raised alone, so (s)he thinks (s)he's a human. pretty much a pet; (s)he acts like a puppy: comes when called, likes to sit in your lap and be held, etc. i have never met a chicken like this. when (s)he arrived, (s)he was in a little open box, and never once tried to jump out. i would never raise a chicken alone, but we can't help but love him/her. the other chickens pick on her something fierce, so (s)he spends a lot of time alone right now.

anyways, that's a little back story. now you know why i want this chicken to be a girl so badly! we really can't keep another rooster. but we won't eat it if it turns out to be male; we'll re-home him, if necessary.

Okay don't be offended by my use of poor quality but...yours looks to be a poor hatchery quality Light Brahma...I had one too I'll show you his pics at 16 weeks looks just like yours and i LOVED him.

63546_003.jpg
16 weeks

63546_newest_024.jpg
30 weeks old

Quote:
would love a pic, if it's not too much trouble. thanks!

Quote:
i agree, beautiful, and the tail feathers will tell all. (s)he's a week older than these pics now, and still not looking more male or female to me.

this chicken ("speedy") came to us from some friend with five children. (s)he was raised alone, so (s)he thinks (s)he's a human. pretty much a pet; (s)he acts like a puppy: comes when called, likes to sit in your lap and be held, etc. i have never met a chicken like this. when (s)he arrived, (s)he was in a little open box, and never once tried to jump out. i would never raise a chicken alone, but we can't help but love him/her. the other chickens pick on her something fierce, so (s)he spends a lot of time alone right now.

anyways, that's a little back story. now you know why i want this chicken to be a girl so badly! we really can't keep another rooster. but we won't eat it if it turns out to be male; we'll re-home him, if necessary.

Here they are siting next to eachother. The roo is on the right and pullet on the left.
IMG_3390.jpg

I'm sorry to say it but I also lean towards a he...
sad.png
It's too bad that you can't keep him... He is beautiful!
love.gif
I know how you feel with that whole "Too many roosters" deal! UGH! I can't get rid of them!

Back
Top Bottom