Feather Lovers Farm - Buyer Beware

dee06812

Chirping
6 Years
Jun 3, 2013
do not purchase chickens from Feather Lovers Farm. Seven weeks ago I purchased 4 one day old Isbar Chicks, and stated I was in CT and if they couldn’t fulfill the order I’d wait till the Soring. They responded that they were preparing the order for shipment. Nothing received, and silence. Then they said they’d ship the chicks 9/25 or 10/2. Nothing shipped. I wrote again saying it’d too cold in CT for the chicks to survive our winter, and again requested a refund. They said they’d ship them 10/9. They are silent again and didn’t ship to me. I will follow up with the necessary agencies, but in the meantime do not buy chicks from Feather Lovers Farm. They are frauds.

I agree. I just ordered from them and two have already died. They are completely non-responsive to email and there is not other way to get a hold of them. Super scammy.

do not purchase chickens from Feather Lovers Farm. Seven weeks ago I purchased 4 one day old Isbar Chicks, and stated I was in CT and if they couldn’t fulfill the order I’d wait till the Soring. They responded that they were preparing the order for shipment. Nothing received, and silence. Then they said they’d ship the chicks 9/25 or 10/2. Nothing shipped. I wrote again saying it’d too cold in CT for the chicks to survive our winter, and again requested a refund. They said they’d ship them 10/9. They are silent again and didn’t ship to me. I will follow up with the necessary agencies, but in the meantime do not buy chicks from Feather Lovers Farm. They are frauds.

How sad, I’m sorry to hear this about both your experiences.

It is! I really was attached to those little guys and watching a little guy suffer is just horrible. It looks like they came with cocci (spelling) so the rest I IMMEDIATELY placed on Corid. They seem to be doing better now. I still have not heard from Feather Lover Farms. Clearly they are not good breeders. We will never use them again.

@charbrown i can’t even imagine. We lost two of our first chicks, but they just completely disappeared. We were already in love, it was heartbreaking. To have to watch them be sick and suffer... poor tiny things. I haven’t ordered any chicks from breeders/hatcheries, these few posts have scared me away. At least Ideal Farms responded, right here on the message board.

I agree. I just ordered from them and two have already died. They are completely non-responsive to email and there is not other way to get a hold of them. Super scammy.

Omg I got mine from them on 8/30 and one is dying in my hands right now :( what were your babies symptoms

@charbrown i can’t even imagine. We lost two of our first chicks, but they just completely disappeared. We were already in love, it was heartbreaking. To have to watch them be sick and suffer... poor tiny things. I haven’t ordered any chicks from breeders/hatcheries, these few posts have scared me away. At least Ideal Farms responded, right here on the message board.

Go and buy Corid ASAP (1/2 teaspoon per quart). It saved my other four chickens. I am so sorry you are going through this. I lost two and tried everything to save them but was too novice at the time to know to go get Corid. I hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom