Feather plucker

Are you referring to the 1500w Stainless steel plucker at this link? https://www.strombergschickens.com/1500-Watt-SS-Plucker?list=Category Listing

If so, I have used it and it works pretty well. One bird at a time and it's as efficient as other pluckers that I've used. It's heavy as a boulder though. We have a featherman now because we raise pretty large turkeys every year. It's bigger at lighter, but comes with a significant price increase.

Are you referring to the 1500w Stainless steel plucker at this link? https://www.strombergschickens.com/1500-Watt-SS-Plucker?list=Category Listing

If so, I have used it and it works pretty well. One bird at a time and it's as efficient as other pluckers that I've used. It's heavy as a boulder though. We have a featherman now because we raise pretty large turkeys every year. It's bigger at lighter, but comes with a significant price increase.
Yes that's the one, thanks for the info!

The yardbirds plucker has been great for us. Ordered mine online
I concur with this and we got our for less than $350 shipped. It is 2.5 years old with 100+ chickens turkeys and a bunch of wild ducks and geese under its belt. Two cautions: Keep the motor dry (turn on its side to dry thoroughly after cleaning before storage) and plan on replacing the crappy little wheels it comes with unless you process and store on a flat concrete surface to roll on. We store ours in a shipping container and roll it about 150 yards over gravel and grass to the process area and those wheels SUCK! We got to where we throw it in the back of side by side and drive it before I put on some 6 inch fat tires.

We are raising broad-breasted turkeys this year, will the Yardbirds Plucker be able to handle that?
Well now I guess we will find out together. We have done Blue Slate heritage and like I said lots of Geese and even 2 wild turkeys but we are raising our first BB Bronze and Whites right now and will have 15-20 to slaughter in Nov. I cant imagine that it will have an issue especially if they are 25 lbs or less.

I got my plucker from coopsnmore, and my one complaint is that I wish I'd splurged on a bigger and stronger one. Definitely go with more than what you think you need now.

Back
Top Bottom