Feather Wings- True Story of My Chickens

I forced myself to get up, and face Pepper. It was time for the pecking order to begin.
"Pepper. We will decide who will lead this flock."
And the sparring began!
Feathers and blood and talons...
Then I crouched down low, oh so low...
And Pepper gets confused, oh so confused...
She has no idea I am behind her. Heehee!
ATTACK!
And finally, Pepper gave up. I ruled all.
But something else was missing.
Where was our Food Lady, (who we now are actually calling Brown Eyed One, because, not only does she bring us food, but she cares for us and loves us very much. She also has sparkling brown eyes) who hadn't come yesterday?
An icy wind blew over my feathers, slashing through the air and pulling a few of my feathers out in the process.
"Ammy?"
"Yes?"
"Can we go in the coop? i'm absoulutly freezing..."
"Sure."
And we climbed in the coop, and slept, together, once more.

Last edited:
So with that, that marks the end. I'll think about doing another, or deleting the ending and do more. But for now this story is ended.
Actually, it's not the end. TroutsChicks, I thank you so much for giving me the encouragment I needed. I'll do more, I promise.

Last edited:
hit.gif
clap.gif
it was really good...sad I wont have any more to read before going into work though. I really hope you write more or another!

With Pepper speaking to me again, and I ruling the flock now, it all began to get better. The wound that had hemorrhaged rage throughout by body, was starting to heal. I slept once more.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
When I awoke, The Brown Eyed One (or, Food Lady) had already opened our door. I looked out the window, and saw white stuff all over the ground!!! What the eggs was going on around here???
Our main cage door was open, so I got out and walked on the white stuff. It was freeeeeeeeeezing!
"Pepper! Come see this, you slowpoke!" I screeched.
I heard her grumble from the coop... "Ammy, why are you waking me u... WOAH!" She instantly perked up. She came running.
"Where's the grass?"
"Not sure..."
So we both started digging... but we started sinking into the ground! The white stuff was up to the tippy tops of my legs!
"PEPPER!!!"
"I'm sinking too, dumbo!"
"I tried to climb out, but we got the same results.
"Pepper, the patio!"
"What about it?"
"The white stuff has melted on it!"
"First thing first, we're lost in endless white stuff. Where do you see the patio?"
"Oh... maybe it hasn't melted yet..." I hung my head. How could I be the leader of the pecking order, when I can't even find the darned patio? Ack...
"Ammy, I'm thirsty."
"Me too."
OUR WATER WAS FROZEN!!!
But, it's Brown Eyed One to the rescue! She came out and melted the ice and gave us fresh water.
"Are y'all liking the snow?" She said, cheerfully, then called Senka and went into their nice, warm coop.
Snow?
"Ammy, what's snow?"
"I think it's the white stuff."
"hmmm..."

As the sun dipped below the trees, the temp began to drop. But the biggest two legged came and opened the 'garage' and brought us a heat bulb for our coop! Yay! He placed it in our coop, and me and Pepper huddled around it. It radiated of heat and it was set just below our nesting boxes. It was nice and warm, and there was a big area under our nesting boxes, so the space and heat was perfect!
Things were getting better.

Back
Top Bottom